Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://tidal.com/album/305978301Immersive mix engineer: Ken Lewis
only 1 playthrough so far but sounds kinda hollowed-out maybe? a tad crunchy and bass-shy, i'd need to refresh my ears & memory with comparing to a decent Stereo mastering. i'm very happy to hear it in Atmos and it's far from bad, it just doesn't come across as impressively immersively doof-doofy as the other Donna Summer Atmos mixes 🤔 although i did detect some round the room panning and it was Surround-y enough. i should play it some more before writing it off 🙂

a solid Donna Summer track for sure but there's some real natural Surround candidates that head-scratchingly haven't been mixed in Atmos in her catalogue already, thinking along the lines of "I Feel Love", "Love To Love You Baby", "MacArthur Park", "Spring Affair", "I Remember Yesterday", "Heaven Knows", "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)", "Faster And Faster To Nowhere", "This Time I Know It's For Real", "On The Radio", "State Of Independence", "I Love You", "Hot Stuff", "Once Upon A Time", "Dim All The Lights", "I've Got My Finger On The Trigger (Love Is In Control)" 🤯🔫

well that should do for starters.. 😉✌️😋

Notorious B.I.G. Life After Death Atmos mix is gone from Apple Music???

"Marketers ruin everything"
Mono version in Dolby Atmos, WTF?!
I suspect the description is for the lossless version. Hopefully that’s something that gets fixed soon. It is confusing. However after 6 tracks in so far, the description may be accurate for some.

Last edited:
only 1 playthrough so far but sounds kinda hollowed-out maybe? a tad crunchy and bass-shy, i'd need to refresh my ears & memory with comparing to a decent Stereo mastering. i'm very happy to hear it in Atmos and it's far from bad, it just doesn't come across as impressively immersively doof-doofy as the other Donna Summer Atmos mixes 🤔 although i did detect some round the room panning and it was Surround-y enough. i should play it some more before writing it off 🙂

a solid Donna Summer track for sure but there's some real natural Surround candidates that head-scratchingly haven't been mixed in Atmos in her catalogue already, thinking along the lines of "I Feel Love", "Love To Love You Baby", "MacArthur Park", "Spring Affair", "I Remember Yesterday", "Heaven Knows", "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)", "Faster And Faster To Nowhere", "This Time I Know It's For Real", "On The Radio", "State Of Independence", "I Love You", "Hot Stuff", "Once Upon A Time", "Dim All The Lights", "I've Got My Finger On The Trigger (Love Is In Control)" 🤯🔫

well that should do for starters.. 😉✌️😋
If you are writing a critique on the Rolling Stones ‘40 licks’ the I will see you next month when you finish…

I’d lay money that ipad may sound better- and it’s no disparaging comment on the quality of your cave. 🦃🦃 mix.
In the Cave now...Street Fighting Man has a mix but nothing from the rears...seems more like a 5.1 mix...as does Gimme Shelter..
Mind you I'll take it as opposed to nothing...
Hang on heights are being used...
Well, for better or worse I'm enjoying it and that's all that counts... :)

Last edited:
I've compared a number of tracks from The Beach Boys "Sounds Of Summer" to their counterparts on the recently released 5 albums. While the mixes appear to be the same, the volume levels have been adjusted.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but on "Sounds Of Summer" the rear channels are louder than the front channels (in some cases significantly ex. In My Room). On the 5 individual albums, the front channels are louder than the rears. I think this results in a more enjoyable listening experience.

Listening on my Dolby Atmos enabled tablet!! :D

I wonder if it sounds any different in my Man Cave Atmos set up?

Happy Birthday Mick....80 today 💓

Skipping around in my journey through the past, uneven outcomes on the early tracks, as might be expected.

Paint It Black has never sounded better.
Proceed directly to Honky Tonk Women to hear the cowbell isolated in the right side heights.

Skipping around in my journey through the past, uneven outcomes on the early tracks, as might be expected.

Paint It Black has never sounded better.
Proceed directly to Honky Tonk Women to hear the cowbell isolated in the right side heights.
I'm nearly at the end of the 2hr 43 minutes of wonderful music by the Rolling Stones....the ageless Rockers :SB

At least we have the Stones in surround with, at long last, a reasonable mix...imo

Ooh, nice guitar panning on Stealing My Heart.

Last edited:
Back