Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm getting it all out of the way while i'm still standing! 😝🫶

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

elton-john-im-still-standing.gif

whizzing through the tracks i know better than others, only in 5.1 on ATV, it all sounds nice and things get more Surround-y as you go through the albums chronologically, "I Got A Name" has the most going on behind you in 5.1

i'll have to listen properly on the full Atmos setup with Heights and all but it feels like they probably did about as much as they could do with whatever was available, what a nice surprise! 💘
Which may have only been stereo.

Frankly, I think running the stereo tracks through a simple "Dolby Surround" program on any AVR would provide better results.

Last edited:
Continuing the release of Pearl Jam's "lightning bolt' dolby atmos mix, Today Pearl Jam release their second album" VS" in dolby atmos on Apple Music and Tidal.
The album holds a record on that time for selling almost a million copy in the 1st week (mostly on vinyl)

https://tidal.com/album/319764583
In 1993?

I'm calling BS. Virtually no one was buying vinyl in 1993. All the big chains had stopped carrying it by then, and most albums were no longer even being released in the format.

In 1993?

I'm calling BS. Virtually no one was buying vinyl in 1993. All the big chains had stopped carrying it by then, and most albums were no longer even being released in the format.
The vinyl was released one week prior to the CD release, but the CD is the one that sold 950,378 copies in the first five days of availability.

Back