Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to American Idiot now.

NOTHING in the rears for the entirety of the title track. Similar story for Jesus of Suburbia until at some point part way through a guitar part comes through the rears, but the gang vocals are still confined to the fronts sadly.

Weird mix so far…definitely less compressed than the stereo though!

NOTHING in the rears for the entirety of the title track. Similar story for Jesus of Suburbia until at some point part way through a guitar part comes through the rears, but the gang vocals are still confined to the fronts sadly.
I was waiting for the backing vocals in "Holiday" ("...from the hollow lies") to come out from the back, but no (n)

On the other hand, the guitar solo in "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is 100% isolated in the rear surrounds (y)

I was waiting for the backing vocals in "Holiday" ("...from the hollow lies") to come out from the back, but no (n)

On the other hand, the guitar solo in "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is 100% isolated in the rear surrounds (y)
Agreed Jonathan. Such a frustrating experience as it’s actually quite a layered album.

They had the right idea during the “Representative from California has the floor” section with the backing vocals coming strongly from the rears, but after that they go right back to the fronts!!! WHY???

Wake Me Up When September Ends was a decent mix I thought, all things considered.

Sounds like lots of drums mixed in the center with vocals wide which I like, but I agree there was plenty of opportunity to feed the rears more so that’s very disappointing. Glad it gave me an excuse to listen again though. I love this record.

I saw Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, The Linda Lindas a couple weeks ago at Coors Field in Denver. Really great show and a special treat to be in the outfield there.
I saw the three of them in the 90s, but
I was really impressed with Green Day. I hadn't heard much between '94 and '21 so it was a jump for me. Billie Joe has the energy and looks of someone 20 years younger than him. It was 2 and a half hours of hyping the crowd and running around. Fantastic voice and endurance.

The Linda Lindas were so fun and solid - Some great songs. Their first album is in atmos, so far not the new singles.

Back