Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it. Not on TIDAL. Thanks anyway :-(
I think both the Purple Disco Machine albums are on Tidal in Atmos including Exotica...
https://tidal.com/album/219270012
I was actually disappointed (being Sony) as it meant they weren't in 360RA on Amazon (the bitrate is double that of the lossy streaming Atmos). But you never know maybe they'll get released properly someday anyway.

The mix is credited to David Merkl who I think is involved with the mixing at IAN Records - they did the Yello / Boris Blank releases and a few others that generally have some of the best surround mixing there is... :phones

He's actually got some credits for some classical albums released in Atmos. Hopefully those are the same too...

Last edited:
It's funny that their first two albums are now missing. We previously heard that Alan Parsons was working on surround mixes for those.
For me a surround mix of the 1st album would be the dream. I just checked and neither of the Life Beyond LA tracks are showing in spatial audio in Canada right now. Just stereo for the whole album.

I think both the Purple Disco Machine albums are on Tidal in Atmos including Exotica...
https://tidal.com/album/219270012
I was actually disappointed (being Sony) as it meant they weren't in 360RA on Amazon (the bitrate is double that of the lossy streaming Atmos). But you never know maybe they'll get released properly someday anyway.

The mix is credited to David Merkl who I think is involved with the mixing at IAN Records - they did the Yello / Boris Blank releases and a few others that generally have some of the best surround mixing there is... :phones

He's actually got some credits for some classical albums released in Atmos. Hopefully those are the same too...
Crazy. I can click on your link and it shows up in my browser on my PC, but as soon as I log into TIDAL, it tells me the content is no longer available. Tried VPNing to US and UK, no dice.

Not sponsored or paid in anyway by IFi although I wish I was but this is a must if you listen to atmos audio through an avr.

On the surface it's sounds like another snake oil product but your review may sway me to get one for the Apple tv.
BTW, You now have one more subscriber ☺️

Back