Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an outstanding mix, but a worthy listen just the same: Nubya Garcia's Odyssey. Ambitious saxophonist/bandleader/composer who's part of the newer/younger London jazz scene. Spiritual jazz fans, take note. Like her last album from 2020 (no Atmos mix), this one features track-by-track liner notes.
Had to check it out after seeing jazz critic Nate Chinen's enthusiastic recommendation; he calls it "a notable event" and singles it out as his top pick among the fall jazz releases. Garcia is also a guest on the recent episode of Chinen & Greg Bryant's WRTI podcast The Late Set, where they expound on several additional picks. She's there to talk about Odyssey and its inspirations:
https://www.wrti.org/podcast/late-set/2024-08-27/fall-preview-with-nubya-garcia
"The conversation was full of spirited insight," Chinen says on his Substack, "and I’d recommend it even to those who haven’t yet found their way onto Nubya’s groove train. As the episode makes clear, this album is a big swing."

Last edited:
It's funny that their first two albums are now missing. We previously heard that Alan Parsons was working on surround mixes for those.
The first two Ambrosia albums are still showing up on Apple Music, in stereo, for me. And the two tracks previously reported as being in Atmos, How Much I Feel and Ready For Camarillo, are stereo only for me. I'm in the U.S.

Back