Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Underworld's new album Strawberry Hotel is out today, sadly it doesn't appear it's in Atmos anywhere despite at least one of the singles (Denver Luna) being mixed in Atmos. Great dynamics though, DR9 for an electronic album's stereo mix in 2024? Damn!
i could only find this so far 🤷🏻‍♀️

if i find any more i will post back here 🫡

I really like the other Delaurentis tracks you've posted. Very nice electronica with great Atmos mixes.
yes, I think Unbelievable Green is the best one. I think she is doing a waterfall release of her album... one track every month...
You can see here her spatial mixing/mastering setup with Hervé Déjardin:

and here too:

Man this sounds really good with the highlight in my opinion being the live tracks which went against the grain of my expectations.

Now wishing on two fronts that I could currently afford to buy this, and secondly wishing now so badly that they tour Australia.
Listening now, I’m going to order the SDE after listening, these guys are great live wow!

A really nice project for lots of reasons...out today via the streamers and at IAA. Lia's project was funded via grant by the Canadian government - it's musically adventurous and as she puts it, '....an album for Mother Earth, written in her voice, offering what I think she’d say to us humans if she could speak'. Great fun to work on.

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

First listen to this Atmos mix. Even in lossy streaming, it screams Steven Wilson quality. That clarity in the instruments and voices is unmistakable! I may not be the biggest fan of The Dead, but I don't dislike them, and I'd absolutely buy this if they eventually released it in a standalone blu-ray edition. Wonderful distribution of the vocals throughout all the channels - the harmony vocals sound so full and satisfying. With all the different singers, their music lends itself really well to Atmos, even if instrumentally and structurally it's relatively simple.
Good Phil (R.I.P.) song (box of rain) to start too. (I do wish Jerry were more on the Jerry side etc though)

The new ones on Tidal for me that I don't think anyone's mentioned are Devin Townsend's PowerNerd and Bastille's "&" (Ampersand). Both lovely albums and mixes. (Well, one is also quite noisy. :))

I also see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Sunset Boulevard: The Album is on Tidal. Not so much into that, but I'm mentioning it as I don't think anyone else has and someone's bound to be interested. The Atmos is perhaps a little more subtle based on the quick glide through I gave it.

I'm looking forward to hearing the TFF's Songs for A Nervous Planet. I hope to buy the video version when it comes out if SW's mix remains intact. Does anyone now for sure if that will be the case?

Last edited:
wowzers!! 🤯😍

looks like everything except track 11 is in Atmos!! 👀🤷🏻‍♀️😻
..and Lord-y Lord-y wotta mix!! 🤯🙌🤩🥳

amazingly, The Chairman Of The Board is often HARD in the Centre!! 😜⚡🥰

he's reverbed slightly everywhere else but if you knock out all the other channels on many tracks it's like you've got The Guv'nor himself standing right there in front of you, belting out his by then slightly knackered but still incomparable, incredible voice --- WOW-ZURRSSS!!! 😍🫶❤️

starting off this weekend's latest sharing links, here's Gregory Porter's new single, a re-working with Cam Blackwood & Swindle of Louis Armstrong's "We All Have All The Time In The World"

and Taiwan-born Australian violin prodigy Ray Chen's "Player 1" album with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, with a set of inventive interpretations of tv, movie and video game themes;

next up is Texan Singer/Songwriter Paul Cauthen's latest album of gritty Country Rock "Black on Black";

here's a dramatic change of pace with a demo-worthy track to really give your ears a workout, "This Is Not A Sync Track!" from German Producer & Mastering Engineer Robert Babicz with German DJ & Producer Marc Romboy

Marc Romboy also has his own album of Electronica in Atmos, "Metamorfosa" with sporadic but brilliant use of the Heights

continuing on with the general EDM vein is a selection of tracks in that mould that i've been enjoying in Atmos lately, including Gordo & Adriatique and the Adriatique remix of the 2022 collaboration between The Weeknd and Swedish House Mafia "Moth To A Flame" ✌️😋

a slice of Techno with Tim Engelhardt & Solique's "Alive" 😻

and some House from Solique with Paul Brenning

..and a terrific album "Sometime Not Now" from 2022 by trio Cubicolor made up of UK Singer-Songwriter Tim Digby-Bell and Dutch Producers Ariaan Olieroock & Peter Kriek

Indie starlet Chenayder's mix of Bedroom pop & Soul in 2 very different tracks with suitably different approaches to Atmos, "For One Last Time" for example doesn't use the Heights at all and for me that fits the song itself

heartfelt Pop debut EP "The Youth, Emotions and Everything In Between" from Swedish Singer-Songwriter Ella Tiritiello

new EP "Love Myself" from Candian Country Singer-Songwriter Lindsay Ell

2 x lovely EPs and a goosebump-inducing Live Acoustic rendition of their track "Starlight" from duo Michael & Michelle with the studio tracks having some of the most voluminous use of vocals up in the Heights i've yet to hear 🙄🙌😍

Back