Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish Friday continues
1604703543184.png
Chris Squire Fish Out Of Water

THREAD

TONIGHT on HBO: 2020 ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY...8 PM EST

642c9c0cfd52119bcfb94068deabd300

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is typically a big live event that happens every spring, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, those plans were postponed. In July, the Rock Hall decided to make it a virtual event and announced that it would restructure its schedule going forward and start hosting the Induction Ceremony in the fall starting next year (with a return to Cleveland and, hopefully, a live audience).
But the show will continue virtually, with the 2020 edition set to debut this Saturday, November 7th at 8 p.m. ET/PT on HBO and be available to stream on HBO Max simultaneously. Get a 7-day free trial to HBO Max here.
The class of 2020 includes Depeche Mode, the Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, the Notorious B.I.G. and T-Rex, plus Ahmet Ertegun Award winners Jon Landau and Irving Azoff. Other artists set to take part include Luke Bryan, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Miley Cyrus, Billy Gibbons, Dave Grohl, Don Henley, Jennifer Hudson, Billy Idol, Iggy Pop, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine, Chris Martin, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Brad Paisley, Bruce Springsteen, St. Vincent, Ringo Starr, Gwen Stefani, Charlize Theron and Nancy Wilson. The show will also feature a tribute to Eddie Van Halen featuring tributes from Slash, Metallica’s Kirk Hammett and Tom Morello.

Elton John : "Tumbleweed Connection"

edit: hadn't played this one in a while and i'd forgotten just how good the mix is... just hurtling through the Mick Ronson rendition of "Madman Across The Water" it really is jaw-dropping and as surround-y as the surround-iest old Quads i would say (in a good way!)

:SB

Last edited:
Elton John : "Tumbleweed Connection"

edit: hadn't played this one in a while and i'd forgotten just how good the mix is... just hurtling through the Mick Ronson rendition of "Madman Across The Water" it really is jaw-dropping and as surround-y as the surround-iest old Quads i would say (in a good way!)

:SB
Steely Dan : "Gaucho"
The Isley Brothers : "3+3"

Adam..Adam...Adam....you sir are ON FIRE AGAIN :QQlove :LB:SG:dance

this SACD saved my life back in 2011...I played it every day several times while I was unknowingly leaking spinal fluid for a couple of weeks...I could have easily died at any time from Meningitis...bless you Red! (see the story behind the front cover...I do not have the booklet here)
So glad you’re still with us, hermano!

Back