Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost forgot how good this one sounds . . . almost!
Weltschmerz.png
9.39 on our poll
thread

Jazzy Sunday Morning
View attachment 107599 8.90 on our poll
thread
One of my early surround disc purchases. Love this album. I remember when Tutu was first released. Miles… always blazing the trail. The space between the notes just hung out there. I have a memory of waiting to see McCoy Tyner’s first set at a club with a great sound system in a big volume space and they had Tutu playing and it was such a magical vibe. McCoy came out and absolutely killed it - and the Kawai piano that proved no match for his percussive playing style. Listening to Tutu always takes me back to that night. I’ll have to give this a spin later.

Following on my repurchase of Joe Henderson’s Page One, my Sunday morning listen was Quiet Kenny the 1959 masterpiece by Kenny Dorham. Such an incredible album with some very, very fine trumpet playing. A non-Blue Note Rudy Van Gelder recording that captured the event so well. A gem of a listen if you have never heard it. It’s on Apple Music for instant gratification.

IMG_1914.jpeg

Back