Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1729183955603.png

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Imagination - Discrete 4-Channel Reel-to-Reel => FLAC

51 years ago (October, 1973), Gladys Knight & The Pips released Imagination on the Buddha Records label. It peaked #9 on U.S. Billboard Top LPs and #1 on U.S. Billboard Top Soul LPs. Besides producing their only Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit single “Midnight Train To Georgia”, it also produced other successful singles, including “I’ve Got To Use My Imagination”, “Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me”, and “Where Peaceful Waters Flow”. A Rolling Stone critic stated that the album lacked “Imagination”, on the other hand, Rolling Stone listed Gladys Knight as one of the Greatest Singers Of All Time when she was declared the “Empress Of Soul” in 2007. The only way to listen to the quad mix was by listening to the reel-to-reel or the 8-track cartridge. A couple QQ members have the reel-to-reel, but I’m unable to find any comments and there is no QQ poll. To my ears, it sounds pretty good. 2016 saw the reissue of Imagination on 180 gram vinyl in Europe and it is still available on Amazon. I’m unable to find out who did the QUAD mix on Imagination--maybe someone from this group knows. Buddha is currently handled by Sony Music Entertainment and I would love one of their surround mixing engineers produce a Blu-Ray reissue. Maybe Stephen W. Tayler?

Gladys Knight & The Pips - Imagination copy.png

Brother in Arms
mixed by Chuck Ainlay, IMHO, Phenomenal

Since joining this fine site, I never looked to see who mixed an album. Now after I start the music, it's the first thing I look for after climbing in the recliner 😀 4-words....Old dog, New trick

Attachments

• 20241017_164421.jpg
    20241017_164421.jpg
    1.7 MB
Back