Hoping to create new versions of classic albums

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen W Tayler

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Can you guess what I am thinking about and share your thoughts and suggestions?

There are two very important albums from my early history that I was originally involved in. One by an amazing band. The other by an eclectic solo artist.

Without multitracks being available, I have personally been able to create incredible new surround and spatial versions from existing stereo master and rough mix material, using my own techniques and expertise to not just rebalance and reposition, but to use my post-production and mixing ideas to make it all really work in these formats.

So the remaining issue is whether anyone can be convinced to actually find a way to make these available. For me it is not about just trying to make money. I hardly benefit from such things as I am never on points.

It is just that I feel so passionate about some projects that really should be made available to be shared and appreciated by everyone, and who knows how long I have left working in this wonderful world of music and audio!!!

Part of what I am trying to push here is the memory of incredible music and works from dear friends who have sadly departed. SWTxxx

463792394_10162395695299314_1215472288275397634_n.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope this comes to fruition. If there's anyone that can pull off incredible surround from stereo master, it's you IMHO.

Back