MusicBrainz Database Updates

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's just me, but MusicBrainz seems extremely slow today and is not providing cover images.
Did you look at their site? 😉

The Internet Archive (which provides the images) is under DOS. It has been going on for a couple of days now.

You can switch to a different image provider in Picard, or temporarily disable fetching images from the image archive. Picard will be faster than.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017_002239_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_002239_Firefox.jpg
    568 KB
Did you look at their site? 😉

The Internet Archive (which provides the images) is under DOS. It has been going on for a couple of days now.

You can switch to a different image provider in Picard, or temporarily disable fetching images from the image archive. Picard will be faster than.
I did look at their site, but I apparently don't know how to access info on it as well as you do. ;) Thanks!

I always rip CD's with Exact Audio Copy (or almost always). I used to be able to get all the info there and get autofill for the track names, artists, etc. I think from freeDB.
Guess I'm missing something, but I no longer get that. Instead for new releases (no clue about older ones) I have to type in everything.
If someone can tell me how to get the info through EAC I'd be appreciative.

I used to do submissions to AccurateRip pretty often years ago.

Guess I'm missing something, but I no longer get that.

The Freedb database servers were shutdown a couple years ago, maybe longer. They’ve now been reinstated on new servers but any software using Freedb needs to be updated with new server IP address. Update to latest version of your s/w, that may fix your issue.

I always rip CD's with Exact Audio Copy (or almost always). I used to be able to get all the info there and get autofill for the track names, artists, etc. I think from freeDB.
Guess I'm missing something, but I no longer get that. Instead for new releases (no clue about older ones) I have to type in everything.
If someone can tell me how to get the info through EAC I'd be appreciative.

I used to do submissions to AccurateRip pretty often years ago.
Use Mp3tag for tagging. Once you set it up it takes only a few clicks to both tag and name.

The Freedb database servers were shutdown a couple years ago, maybe longer. They’ve now been reinstated on new servers but any software using Freedb needs to be updated with new server IP address. Update to latest version of your s/w, that may fix your issue.
That makes sense. But EAC is not updated often. It's more about accurately ripping CD's than tagging.
However, some programs have been creeping along lately, so I reinstalled Windows. Maybe the plugin @splinter referred to will work now.

It's more about accurately ripping CD's than tagging.
That is how I use it as well - the tagging done by EAC is only for initial data so that there is something in there, but I am not looking for exact release data. I do the main tagging with Picard (and some manual customizing) afterwards and then also look for correct releases in the database.

Back