New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hartmann

In the tradition of Foraging Rhino’s mysterious and tantalizing unveiling of the Rhino Quadio series titles, I will attempt to slowly reveal a new surround title through some sporadic (as time permits) hints. I thoroughly enjoy all the comments, lighthearted bickering and speculation surrounding these discussions. Since the opportunity arose when I received the credible inside information from the artist with whom I am currently working, I couldn’t resist. I will even throw in a copy of the final product when complete to the first person who accurately guesses the artist and title in this thread. This classic title is currently being mixed from the original multitrack master tapes.

So here goes,

Hint #1: This “classic” album has been questioned within this forum as to whether or not it had ever received a quad or any other submersive mix prior. It surprisingly has not.

Not much to go on but enough to start the wheels in motion…

Hint #1: This “classic” album has been questioned within this forum as to whether or not it had ever received a quad or any other submersive mix prior. It surprisingly has not.

I wonder if the clue is in the word 'submersive?' The actual term is 'immersive,' not 'submersive.' Ramones eponymous album?

Allow me to have a go at this.

Norman Lear produced a TV series in the 1970's which became a cult classic.
It was titled Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

A studio has decided to update the concept for the 21st Century and the new series
will be titled Bill Hartmann, Bill Hartmann.

I think I'm on to something here...

Last edited:
Good guess.... and I just asked if there was any Atmos mix out there for that album last week (no one answered, so I guess not).
Well, being that it came out in ‘76 it could’ve been mixed in quad, though I’ve heard it wasn’t (but there are always rumors). Also since Tom Scholz holds Boston so close to the chest I thought Bill Hartmann’s line, “Inside information from the artist”, would be a requirement. I don’t stream so I would be the last person to know if there’s an Atmos mix.

And then there’s the part about having a multichannel mix of Boston is a fantasy.

Back