New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If submersive is one of the clues, what about The Sex Pistols Never Mind the Bullocks Here's the Sex Pistols 🤔

Admitting my limitations on these guessing games, I turned to AI because if we know anything, it’s that we can trust artificial intelligence.

Using Google Gemini and locking into the “wheels in motion” phrase, I first asked which classic rock song (an assumption that this is a classic rock album although only “classic” was used) has those words in the title. The response?

• The most likely candidate is the song "Wheels in Motion" by the hard rock band KIX. This isn't necessarily a classic rock album, but it was released in 2014 and might be confused with an older record. You can find the music video on YouTube.
  • There's also a lesser-known album titled "Wheels in Motion" by Glenn Mercer, though this is more alternative rock than classic rock.

Ah... this is where AI truly shines in its logic with a 2014 not really being in the “classic” category and Mercer being in “alternative” rock. Pursuing this further, AI tried to looking beyond the literal words and went with themes:

While there aren't any super famous classic rock songs with the exact phrase "wheels in motion," classic rock often uses imagery of movement and journeys. Here are some possibilities depending on what you might be remembering:

• Similar Lyrics: Songs might use phrases like "set the wheels turning" or "get this show on the road." These capture a similar feeling of starting a journey.
  • Themes of Movement: Classic rock is full of songs about journeys, freedom, and chasing dreams. Tracks like "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf, "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan, or "Runnin' on the Devil's Highway" by Van Halen all evoke that sense of being on the move.

Now we’re getting somewhere, and I think I have a discovery... Google Gemini sucks. C’mon... Runnin’ on the Devil’s Highway by Van Halen? Are we not putting our best minds on AI so it can avoid major mistakes like this?

But wait... look a little closer... in the first bullet, “journey” is used. The word “journeys” is used in the second bullet. “Freedom” was the name of the last Journey album. “Dreams” likely refers to Dream After Dream which was the name of the soundtrack Journey did for that Japanese film and came out just before a classic album. Finally, one of Journey’s opening bands was Van Halen (who apparently wrote Runnin’ on the Devil’s Highway) which is... slightly irrelevant to the case I’m making.

The biggest song related to Journey is Don’t Stop Believin’ that talks about a “midnight train goin’ anywhere” which is basically wheels in motion.

So... Journey’s Escape is the answer.

See? It’s really simple when you logically walk through it.

(I’d also be happy with @cbmmm3’s answer of Infinity.)

I wonder if Mr. Hartmann expected that every word in his post would be scrutinized as a possible clue?

Could be he meant "wheels in motion" to just say he was starting the speculation. ;)

Could be he meant "wheels in motion" to just say he was starting the speculation. ;)
Nah! In fact, I’m doubling down... if you take most of the letters in “wheels in motion”, you come up with “stone in me now” which is fairly close to Stone in Love, a Journey song from... Escape!!

;)

Nah! In fact, I’m doubling down... if you take most of the letters in “wheels in motion”, you come up with “stone in me now” which is fairly close to Stone in Love, a Journey song from... Escape!!

;)
But was "Escape" ever a title that people have brought up wondering if it had previously been mixed in quad or some other (im)mersive format before?

I mean, I'm sure just about EVERY album has come up for speculation by someone at one time or another, but I would think his clue would mean one of the albums that has been brought up on more than a couple of occasions.

But was "Escape" ever a title that people have brought up wondering if it had previously been mixed in quad or some other (im)mersive format before?

I mean, I'm sure just about EVERY album has come up for speculation by someone at one time or another, but I would think his clue would mean one of the albums that has been brought up on more than a couple of occasions.

OK, admittedly there may be some flaws in the logic when it comes to Escape being the correct answer.

I’m starting to feel like this could be a similar case to when I thought Sebastian Cabot, Actor / Bob Dylan, Poet: A Dramatic Reading with Music was next up for an SDE release. I was sooooo sure.

My0xNDc2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Back