Steven Wilson New Order Dolby Atmos Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Gene @GOS I had never heard of the band. But thanks to the YT links it is very good, right up my alley. I don't and never will do Atmos streaming. But if it comes out as full download or physical, I will definitely buy. Other than that I guess its look for good stereo & upmix. Hoping for the former.

We are pleased to announce that New Order's music will be released in Dolby Atmos spatial audio for the first time later this month. Mixed from the original master tapes by Steven Wilson, and overseen by Stephen Morris, the albums 'Movement' and 'Low-Life' along with the single 'Blue Monday' will be available to stream from 20th September.
Are they planning to release all of their albums in Dolby Atmos?

Curious choice for the album "Movement". I would have preferred some of their best albums. And if my memory is correct, the production of that album was not the best.

Fantastic news!

Look forward to checking out the new mixes. Be so much better in lossless though so hopefully we get a blu-ray at some point. Also would love to hear some of the other singles like True Faith, Bizarre Love Triangle, Regret, World In Motion etc mixed in Atmos...

Reminds me of this cool video from BBC Arts where they recomposed Blue Monday using 1930s instruments. Perhaps they could've done the waltz and foxtrot to it at the Hacienda back in those days?! :phones

Last edited:
I fully expected to recognize it. Nope. Not at all.
How about the Orgy (band) remake? I actually heard the Orgy version first before I got into New Order.

I find it amazing to discover what rocks we each slept under, especially with the Confusion of the musical maze. Yet, Everything's Gone Green and pop-synths are such a delight with New Order even on a Blue Monday. The Subculture that us QQ members live in may one day rise to become the State of the Nation, the question is would that be a Perfect Kiss or become a Bizarre Love Triangle? It seems that their releases are the True Faith of SDE exclusive editions, and I would gladly welcome that Ceremony!

"Low-Life" and "Power, Lies, and Corruption" I think are their best. But I've not heard every note that they recorded.
So its good to see one of them remixed for surround.

Back