New Sphere (Vegas, NV) venue it's bonkers (and immersive too!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would have loved to experience this Eagles show. Wonder if it'll be made into a film (sans most of the audience noise hopefully!)

U2 just turned their shows into a concert film… that can only be seen at the Sphere. It’s effectively the same show they did but on loop. They show it when there isn’t a concert/event going on, in addition to the Darren Aranofsky film.

I wonder if that might become a trend. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any concert film releases of these shows to home videos. On one hand I get it. Having been there for all 4 Phish shows, it’s something that *cannot* come across on a traditional screen. Even Phish’s own really good pro-shot uploads pales in comparison to the real thing… but also those visuals *cant* be cheap. Recouping them through a concert film seems to make sense.

U2 just turned their shows into a concert film… that can only be seen at the Sphere. It’s effectively the same show they did but on loop. They show it when there isn’t a concert/event going on, in addition to the Darren Aranofsky film.

I wonder if that might become a trend. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any concert film releases of these shows to home videos. On one hand I get it. Having been there for all 4 Phish shows, it’s something that *cannot* come across on a traditional screen. Even Phish’s own really good pro-shot uploads pales in comparison to the real thing… but also those visuals *cant* be cheap. Recouping them through a concert film seems to make sense.
Might happen on down the line as the venue (and it's excitement factor) ages, but then of course so will I 😩

Maybe do a partnership with IMAX 🤷‍♂️

Talk about SENSORY OVERLOAD, JP. Absolutely STUPENDOUS. Can't wait until they build a SPHERE in NEW YORK!

And we're talking 18K RESOLUTION! WAY beyond the scope of ANY consumer projectors!

Thanks for sharing!
But what does it say when the video programmers become more important to the performance then the music composers? How long till all of us have to build "mini spheres" for home theaters to faithfully reproduce the performance???? Geodesic domes may come back after all!

Back