HiRez Poll Pearl Jam - DARK MATTER [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pearl Jam - DARK MATTER

• Total voters
I've been spinning this album as a 5.1 DVD-A in the car in recent weeks. I always look forward to hearing it when the changer presents it. Wanted to get familiar with it before commenting. This sounds to me like a band that is NOT phoning it in! I've not kept up with their every move, I really enjoy these tunes and 48 min seems just right.

There are a few neat tricks in the Atmos mix that are okay. I probably enjoy it more as a 5.1 mix overall. Probably an 8 but I went 9 mainly because I like it so much that I will return to it often. That doesn't happen every time with these mixes.

In my several listens of the Atmos mix, I only found a song or two or three engaging.
All fine playing and I can see how others would like more songs.
I'll try blasting the stereo version sometime, like on a road trip, and see if that changes my perspective at all.

In my several listens of the Atmos mix, I only found a song or two or three engaging.
All fine playing and I can see how others would like more songs.
I'll try blasting the stereo version sometime, like on a road trip, and see if that changes my perspective at all.
I made the DVD-A from FLAC files and drove to Atlanta with it. Takes a road trip to get into I think. ;)

Never been a huge PJ fan. And as such, this one sat on the shelf for several weeks. but this new album is REALLY GOOD. Much better than one usually expects from a 30+ year old band.

Fidelity is as good as one would hope for the style of music. Surround mix isn’t amazing but suits the music.

This one is going to get a lot of plays. “9”

Back