Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's quite a high price. Unless it drops, I can't justify it.

I will point out that I have been monitoring the Rush Moving Pictures box which also cost about $300 but I have seen it as low as $147 (new) on Amazon (right now it's $207). I have still not bit on it though.

So, I will wait. I'd be OK with about $200 for this box (and that's still a lot considering I am only interested in the blu-rays) but at $300 I feel like it's a test just to see how stupid I am.

Would that standalone include the Quad? As someone without the immersion set, having a stand-alone with all 3 surround mixes would be great
Unfortunately a BIG NO. It was only available in the Immersion box set and Gurthrie's remixes are all we'll get!

Apparently, certain PF members were not happy with the Parson's 4.0 remix!

Pass. Don’t even have Atmos and I’m not sure it would offer much more to me folded down to 5.1.

I got the immersion set a while ago, although when it came to me I was a little dismayed as there was no book or the CD with the early mix, something the seller did not advertise on the listing. He did however give me half of my money back so I’m happy with the purchase and have no need for this superfluous box!

I don't actually own the Immersion set for Dark Side Of The Moon. Now might be a good time to buy it, there may be some discounts.

EDIT: except I can't find anywhere with stock.
This would be my plan if I could be certain I’d be buying a copy with the replacement disc. Feels a bit like spinning a roulette wheel.

I’d like to think that the duplicative mix on the two Blu-rays could point the way to an eventual standalone but I’ve been around the block a few too many times.

I’ve wanted to hear the quad mix for ages and I really want to hear the ATMOS. Too bad this set chose to scratch only one of those itches, and at such a price point.

Seems vinyl fans and surround fans each have to pay for half of what they aren’t interested in.

Money. It’s a hit.

Letting that leak should kill their $300 box set BS. I've bough too many of these wen all I want is the one disc w/ the goodies. It'll hurt, but I'll probably wait and see if the Atmos streams or comes out alone
I bet the potential revenue from streaming the Atmos on Apple and Tidal is much higher than the additional $$$ from making it only in the box set. Hopefully greed for the Money will make them stream it.

I bet the potential revenue from streaming the Atmos on Apple and Tidal is much higher than the additional $$$ from making it only in the box set. Hopefully greed for the Money will make them stream it.

Yeah, I don't want to stream the Atmos, I want to buy and download it (or buy a standalone BluRay disc and rip it, at a push (which is what I usually do (I have all their other boxsets))). As I already have the Immersion, I'll wait and either miss out, buy an eventual standalone, or "aquire" the Atmos from somewhere as a last resort...

$300 for a box set is insane. I purchased DSOM Immersion box set when the price dropped for around $60 for the Quad surround mix and that is around my price limit for a box set or single release blu ray. I have found if I wait almost all these box sets (Beatles, The Band etc.) drop to around $60 +/- eventually. I definitely won’t let anyone price gouge me for $300! These labels are fleecing people who have too much disposable income IMO. These labels / artists greed is incredible and more incredible is anyone who pays $300 for these box sets. You have never heard DSOM before? You think the Atmos mix will improve that much more from the Quad mix? Doubtful. I never thought I would think about switching to Atmos streaming but this DSOM 50th Anniversary Set has me thinking about streaming Atmos mixes. JMHO Sorry for the rant.

For me, this is very disappointing and I'll pass. And I love collecting this stuff. When the live recording inclusion was leaked, I was hopeful it was the whole show (CD and/or vinyl) but it's just DSOTM.

I Have read a lot of comments here from people not interested in the vinyl portion of this box set. That said, if you get the box set, I might be willing to take the 2023 DSOTM off your hands for a fair price. Understand though, I am not interested in the live vinyl. Just let me know. :;

For me, this is very disappointing and I'll pass. And I love collecting this stuff. When the live recording inclusion was leaked, I was hopeful it was the whole show (CD and/or vinyl) but it's just DSOTM.

I Have read a lot of comments here from people not interested in the vinyl portion of this box set. That said, if you get the box set, I might be willing to take the 2023 DSOTM off your hands for a fair price. Understand though, I am not interested in the live vinyl. Just let me know. :;

And I'd happily pay a fair price JUST for the ATMOS BluRay! :)

Back