Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that the purchasers of the Quadios are that concerned with getting just the hits!!!
Maybe not on this site but in the larger universe it does. You are speaking in generalizations. Even people on this website have declined to buy those which they have no interest in. Having a recognizable hit does make a difference. Don’t think that what you think applies to everyone else.

Well he had a hit I just can’t remember what it was, and I’m not spending my lovely Sunday afternoon to look it up.
I was the music director at an FM station when this album got serviced to us by WEA. As key_wiz mentioned up thread, "Clouds" was released as a single, but IIRC, that came after many FM stations had already been playing and getting good response to the full length, 9 minute album track, "Suite: Clouds, Rain." The single was cobbled down from it and calling it a minor hit is being generous. Like so many early '70s albums, it was of its time and a lot of these records have not aged well. IMO, "Suite..." was the centerpiece of the FIRST album and it certainly was the focal point track for FM radio.

To be honest, I haven't heard David Gates First or even thought about it for decades. It wasn't until I started playing the guessing game that is the topic of this thread while trying to adhere to the rules and clues provided by Foraging Rhino. That is how I compiled my list. I wasn't thinking in terms of creating a "mellow" set or any other kind of disc group. My list is just a set of 4 Quadio titles that I would love to have in my library. Simple as that. As always, YMMV, and the fact that differing opinions are openly welcomed here is why this forum is such a fantastic place to hang. I wouldn't change a thing! :QQlove

I think with all the petty debate we're all doing on these disc's with new clues via colour, really has brought out a lot of possibilities on just what might be the actual #5 quadios.

I'm almost certain that we've covered a large number of old quadraphonic recordings from WEA , just on these four alone.

It would seem some people are projecting their wants over what actually might be . (I suppose it's not really a bad thing)

Hopefully a new clue surfaces , and then watch everyone including myself, suddenly change our guess selections.
Boy, I can't wait. 😂

Oh man. Yeah. I feel like this thread has morphed into a bickering back and forth. Sort of annoying, but you know. That's cool. If that's what is needed.

lmao
head over to our sister site, where they been Backstabbin' since the good ol' days of the O'Jays;

www.bickerphonicbitchfest.org 🤗😆

I think with all the petty debate we're all doing on these disc's with new clues via colour, really has brought out a lot of possibilities on just what might be the actual #5 quadios.

I'm almost certain that we've covered a large number of old quadraphonic recordings from WEA , just on these four alone.

It would seem some people are projecting their wants over what actually might be . (I suppose it's not really a bad thing)

Hopefully a new clue surfaces , and then watch everyone including myself, suddenly change our guess selections.
Boy, I can't wait. 😂
does anybody really know what time it is, fizzywizzy? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤗

(this post sponsored by Timex and Windex, for those who can't see through the day) 👀

Oh man. Yeah. I feel like this thread has morphed into a bickering back and forth. Sort of annoying, but you know. That's cool. If that's what is needed.

lmao

Well, I must include myself in that.
Oh yes , I fell victim to the thread , ...please forgive me.
head over to our sister site, where they been Backstabbin' since the good ol' days of the O'Jays;

www.bickerphonicbitchfest.org 🤗😆
Oh yes , I fell victim to the tone of the thread, please forgive me, all.

Back