Rhino Quadios - Batch 7 - Speculation

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wonder how many more “sellable” titles are out there. There’s an obvious commercial motive with these release and given we’ve had 24 (actually 23 given the Toulouse Street duplication) individual “new” titles, I’m wondering/fearing if they’re starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel a little bit (2 x Jeff Starship and 2 x Jay Geils)…

I have to wonder how many more “sellable” titles are out there. There’s an obvious commercial motive with these release and given we’ve had 24 (actually 23 given the Toulouse Street duplication) individual “new” titles, I’m wondering/fearing if they’re starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel a little bit (2 x Jeff Starship and 2 x Jay Geils)…
That's a very good observation. Will Rhino release everything that was once released in quad (and a few that never made it?)
Unlikely. It's all a business decision and if something likely won't sell, it's likely not going to be released. Just my opinion.

i don't think we're at the bottom of the barrel yet, there's still arguably the best of the Seals & Crofts Quads to come ("Diamond Girl")
and then there's a couple more of their albums in Quad as well (not so great admittedly), the remaining 2 x Spinners Quads have even better mixes than the already released eponymous Quadio (the remaining 2 albums mixed by Don Murray who did the superb Philadelphia International Quad mixes of The O'Jays "Ship Ahoy" & Harold Melvin's "Black & Blue"), there's the (for me) better mixed of the 2 x Graham Central Station Quads still on the horizon (1975's "Ain't No Bout A Doubt It"), the Stardrive Featuring Robert Mason "Intergalactic Trot" album is real showcase Quad with a marvellous mix, there's more Gordon Lightfoot, Randy Newman and Carly Simon Quads and reissues of out of print and sought after Quads like Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" and potentially any other previously unreleased mixes before we even get into Maria Muldaur, Arlo Guthrie, Dionne Warwick and the Souther-Hillman-Furay Band territory, let alone Tony Orlando, New Seekers and all that jazz..! 😅

i don't think we're at the bottom of the barrel yet, there's still arguably the best of the Seals & Crofts Quads to come ("Diamond Girl")
and then there's a couple more of their albums in Quad as well (not so great admittedly), the remaining 2 x Spinners Quads have even better mixes than the already released eponymous Quadio (the remaining 2 albums mixed by Don Murray who did the superb Philadelphia International Quad mixes of The O'Jays "Ship Ahoy" & Harold Melvin's "Black & Blue"), there's the (for me) better mixed of the 2 x Graham Central Station Quads still on the horizon (1975's "Ain't No Bout A Doubt It"), the Stardrive Featuring Robert Mason "Intergalactic Trot" album is real showcase Quad with a marvellous mix, there's more Gordon Lightfoot, Randy Newman and Carly Simon Quads and reissues of out of print and sought after Quads like Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" and potentially any other previously unreleased mixes before we even get into Maria Muldaur, Arlo Guthrie, Dionne Warwick and the Souther-Hillman-Furay Band territory, let alone Tony Orlando, New Seekers and all that jazz..! 😅
I'd love to see EDGAR WINTER Group "Shock Treatment" be released. It qualified for an RIAA Gold Record back in the day for 1 Million Dollars in Sales which is nothing to sneeze at. Im sure it would garner some interest. Contains the Top 40 hit "Rivers Risin".

For those that missed my group shot:
Awesome photo Jon, I have all that you have except 1 and mine are all open with hype sticker gone :ROFLMAO: .

The one is CTA stand alone Quadio, I never knew that was a release, tell us the story on that one. I know I could look on Discogs but funner to hear from you.

I'd love to see EDGAR WINTER Group "Shock Treatment" be released. It qualified for an RIAA Gold Record back in the day for 1 Million Dollars in Sales which is nothing to sneeze at. Im sure it would garner some interest. Contains the Top 40 hit "Rivers Risin".
it's not one of Rhino's unfortunately, it's a Sony title so we have to hope either Dutton Vocalion or Sony Japan tackle it 🤞

Back