Ripping Dolby Atmos to 7.1 Channel FLAC/WAV to Play Using ROON

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I ripped an Atmos disc to an MKV file. I added to a hard drive that's attached to my Vero4K+ player. I tried to play it back and it was down mixed to 7.1, and because I only have a 5.1.4 setup, it must have further down mixed it to 5.1. I guess Kodi does not support Atmos? All I'm looking to do is have Atmos BD's on my drive that I can play back as songs in Atmos.

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I ripped an Atmos disc to an MKV file. I added to a hard drive that's attached to my Vero4K+ player. I tried to play it back and it was down mixed to 7.1, and because I only have a 5.1.4 setup, it must have further down mixed it to 5.1. I guess Kodi does not support Atmos? All I'm looking to do is have Atmos BD's on my drive that I can play back as songs in Atmos.
As ATMOS is only available on AVRs etc. I think Kodi would only see the 7.1 bed, can you switch the Vero4k to Passthrough mode? then your AVR would see and decode the ATMOS.

I have Plex on my TV, and over the eARC HDMI link it only played back streamed video in Dolby Surround until I switched Plex to Passthough Mode then I got ATMOS.

As ATMOS is only available on AVRs etc. I think Kodi would only see the 7.1 bed, can you switch the Vero4k to Passthrough mode? then your AVR would see and decode the ATMOS.

I have Plex on my TV, and over the eARC HDMI link it only played back streamed video in Dolby Surround until I switched Plex to Passthough Mode then I got ATMOS.
So I put a Atmos ripped mkv file on a flash drive, thinking that if I plugged it into the USB port on my Denon AVR, since it supports Atmos. I thought I could play it back that way, but my AVR didn't recognize any files on the flash drive. I'm guessing the USB port requires either a player that supports Atmos, or maybe it doesn't recognize MKV files directly

My Vero 4K+ which runs Kodi will allow me to turn on passthrough for Kodi, but when I try to playback the mkv file on the player, it still only only sends the 7.1 layer. The Atmos must be down mixed into it.

Any suggestions of how to play ripped Atmos mkv files though your Atmos AVR from a external hard drive without being down mixed to 7.1?

Back