Ronald From France

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ! Multichannel music's enthusiasts are very marginals in France. So it's my pleasure to read your pages šŸ˜‰...
Ron.
Bonjour! (or something like that). Welcome to the most expensive place on the Internet, and the owners donā€™t make a dime off your purchases (unless you ā€œsupportā€ them).

Surround sound enthusiasts are rare here as well, but fortunately for me, there are a lot of shipping companies to bring the good stuff to me. I hope the same is true for you.

Bonjour! (or something like that). Welcome to the most expensive place on the Internet, and the owners donā€™t make a dime off your purchases (unless you ā€œsupportā€ them).

Surround sound enthusiasts are rare here as well, but fortunately for me, there are a lot of shipping companies to bring the good stuff to me. I hope the same is true for you.
Hi Barfle, Sure it is but multichannel stuff is, like you said expensive and not easily available ! Guess it's part of the game for connoisseurs with golden ears šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚.

Hi Barfle, Sure it is but multichannel stuff is, like you said expensive and not easily available ! Guess it's part of the game for connoisseurs with golden ears šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚.
I donā€™t think my ears qualify as ā€œgolden,ā€ but I do try to hear what the artist presents to me. Iā€™ve been buying gear for over 50 years, and like everyone, I started small. Itā€™s not like buying a new car, but the money can definitely add up over the years. Just as I think Iā€™m caught up, someone releases another $100 package that I just must own!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to look around the various sub forums to fuel your journey, and also feel welcome to post as often as youā€™d like. If I might ask, what kind of surround setup are you listening through and what genres of music mostly appeal to you? šŸ¤”

Welcome aboard! Feel free to look around the various sub forums to fuel your journey, and also feel welcome to post as often as youā€™d like. If I might ask, what kind of surround setup are you listening through and what genres of music mostly appeal to you? šŸ¤”
:) Thanks for this and these warm welcome ! My setup is a Marantz SR8015 and a Focal (A french brand) Aria 5.1 pack (Aria 926 + 906 + 900) + A modest Sony BD6700 that allows me to play SACD's. My genres of music are : Prog rock, classic rock, Jazz / jazz rock but also some classical and experimental. Among my favorites (best known) artists, you can find Queen, Xtc, Todd Rundgren (and Utopia), Genesis, Ange (a french prog band), and a lot more !

Last edited:
:) Thanks for this and these warm welcome ! My setup is a Marantz SR8015 and a Focal (A french brand) Aria 5.1 pack (Aria 926 + 906 + 900) + A modest Sony BD6700 that allows me to play SACD's. My genres of music are : Prog rock, classic rock, Jazz / jazz rock but also some classical and experimental. Among my favorites (best known) artists, you can find Queen, Xtc, Todd Rundgren (and Utopia), Genesis, Ange (a french prog band), and a lot more !
It looks like you have a great system for enjoying music in quad and 5.1 surround. In the event that you havenā€™t looked into offerings from Rhino Records or Dutton Vocalion, I would highly recommend that you do. The Rhino Quadio series is a particular standout these days. They come out with 4 new releases every 3 months, with jazz and classic rock included in every batch. Their releases are in blu ray format, which your Sony player is already equipped to handle. Dutton Vocalion has developed an extensive and eclectic SACD catalog over the last several years and their releases are more than reasonably priced. And if youā€™re into Jethro Tull, there are recently announced rereleases from their back catalog for reasonable money. Once they sell out I can guarantee you that prices will again skyrocket.

It looks like you have a great system for enjoying music in quad and 5.1 surround. In the event that you havenā€™t looked into offerings from Rhino Records or Dutton Vocalion, I would highly recommend that you do. The Rhino Quadio series is a particular standout these days. They come out with 4 new releases every 3 months, with jazz and classic rock included in every batch. Their releases are in blu ray format, which your Sony player is already equipped to handle. Dutton Vocalion has developed an extensive and eclectic SACD catalog over the last several years and their releases are more than reasonably priced. And if youā€™re into Jethro Tull, there are recently announced rereleases from their back catalog for reasonable money. Once they sell out I can guarantee you that prices will again skyrocket.
Thanks for the motherlode ! i owe the classics Jethro Tull in vinyl but not in their surround versions.

Edit : Thanks but non thanks esimm86, i just ordered Thick as a brick CD/DVD
edition...šŸ˜­

Last edited:
Back