Sansui QS DS-1000 Decoder unit up for Auction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All

Another Sansui QS D-1000 Decoder unit up for Auction at.. JAUCE Action ..
It appears in good condition and says it is in working condition, but it has a buy-now price of
85,000 Yen. that`s about $541 US
. not counting postage and about 6 days to go..

BBQ...

( https://www.jauce.com/auction/v1137812434 )

i-img1200x687-1716603067h2atna255382.jpg

i-img1200x886-1716603067genmto258850.jpg

i-img1200x653-1716603066vkao3a247847.jpg

Last edited:
Buy it now only! I was hoping to place a small bid as I still have a deposit with the JAUCE site. The buy it now price isn't bad but I have so many decoders already, hard to justify! Would be very cool if someone here got it!

Hi. PUPSTER

When I got my QS D1000 I did a test with my Sound Master with some QS test disc and music and found there where not that much difference between them but, I found that the Sound Master had a more mid to high frequency difference, the Synthesizer on the D1000 I think has an edge over the SM but both do a great job.
BBQ...

Last edited:
The unit went for 54,000 yen.

The snipe feature is a bit unusual in that all the snipes go through at the same time. To guarantee a win you would have to place a very large snipe bid but you are going in blind as you won't know what others are bidding until the very end. It is also a bit odd that you have to deposit the bid amount before you can bid.

I didn't want the unit that badly, but it turned out to be a great deal for someone; translates to $335 US or $459 Canadian. In hindsight I could have bid a bit higher; but do I really need yet another decoder?

The unit went for 54,000 yen.

The snipe feature is a bit unusual in that all the snipes go through at the same time. To guarantee a win you would have to place a very large snipe bid but you are going in blind as you won't know what others are bidding until the very end. It is also a bit odd that you have to deposit the bid amount before you can bid.

I didn't want the unit that badly, but it turned out to be a great deal for someone; translates to $335 US or $459 Canadian. In hindsight I could have bid a bit higher; but do I really need yet another decoder?
Yes. Yes you do.

Yes. Yes you do.
I’m guessing these models typically go for around $300-500 US, is that about right?

It would be fun if someone with a good working unit did a full blown shoot-out with an Involve Surround Master. For sure playing specific well known titles/songs and detailing the decoded differences.

I’m guessing these models typically go for around $300-500 US, is that about right?

It would be fun if someone with a good working unit did a full blown shoot-out with an Involve Surround Master. For sure playing specific well known titles/songs and detailing the decoded differences.
Much more than that. In the past I've seen the QSD-1000 in the 2K range. The QSD-1 goes for less, about the 1K range. Some of the best (lowest) as well as some of the highest prices seem to be on units from Japan. IMHO Both would units be a good deal at $500 and a steal at $300!

I would expect the Surround Master would have the edge on separation/decoding ability due to its triple banding. The QSD-1000 should have the edge on pure sonics as full attention was made to the entire signal path.

In contrast, the QSD-1 has slightly muddied sonics; replacing electrolytic capacitors with film types noticeably improved the sound of my QSD-1.

Back