SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw on God Turn Me Into A Flower from the Weyes Blood album In The Darkness Hearts Aglow and was reminded that:

A. I love this album.
B. The Atmos mix is fantastic (but streaming only)
C. It is allegedly the middle part in a trilogy of albums, starting with Titanic Rising, and completed with whatever the next album is called.

Presumably that new album would get a mix. It would be fantastic if Titanic Rising got a mix as well, and all 3 packaged as a SDE release!

I threw on God Turn Me Into A Flower from the Weyes Blood album In The Darkness Hearts Aglow and was reminded that:

A. I love this album.
C. It is allegedly the middle part in a trilogy of albums, starting with Titanic Rising, and completed with whatever the next album is called.

Presumably that new album would get a mix. It would be fantastic if Titanic Rising got a mix as well, and all 3 packaged as a SDE release!
Piqued my interest, don’t believe I’m familiar with that one, got an Apple streaming link for us?

A. I love this album.

Like J. Pupster, I had to check this out due to my unfamiliarity with the artist. This is really good mellow stuff - like her style and voice. I like to rock out at times as much as the next person, but I've always really appreciated downtempo material like this also. I suspect this would be great headphones music to bliss out with in a darkened room. Yes, I just might have to purchase some of Natalie Mering's (aka Weyes Blood's) music - thanks for the post!

Wallenstein's Blitzkrieg, with proper discrete, multi-channel seperation...

...none of this Motorhead Deaf Forever / The Best of the Doors Atmos Blu-ray nonsense. Although to be fair I don't have Atmos, so if The Best of the Doors Atmos actually sounds like 3-Dimensional audio, and not just one third of the way to all channel stereo, I wouldn't know.

I mean, I get it: compare Mountain's quad Don't Look Around, or Nantucket's Sleighride to the stereo versions: huge difference...but you can enjoy both on their own merits.

It wouldn't surprise me if the The Best of the Doors Blu-ray was produced that way because, with discrete separation it didn't sound like enough of an improvement over the singles quad, but even so...the quad singles disc is still far superior, imo.

Also, always and forever: How to Destroy Angels (2010) self-titled EP.

Edit: lol...I just noticed my forum title "Well-known member". Feels a bit like damning with faint praise. X0) Not sure if that's automated, but if not, I have to admit it's probably apt. X0)

Last edited:
Judging from the number of 80's albums which have been released in this series, I feel confident suggesting the following, which would make a superb release:

Icehouse – Measure For Measure (1986)

Back