Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you think I was going to stop the Home Theater upgrade on just the subwoofer? Nope.

This is just part 2 of the upgrade and I’m uber excited, to have finally pull the trigger, long time coming, on Klipsch’s flagships RF 7 III (LR) and RC 64 III (C).

These things all together weigh almost 150 kgs…and they are almost my size, as you can see. My 3rd set of RL and 2nd of C. You can see the comparison with my previous RCL.

I can finally see/listen where the hype was at. No gimmick, no snake oil here. They are Klipsch’s flagships for a reason. Demoing these with The Harmony Codex.

Your soundbar looks cute
🙂

After such a stressful week, this, as well as the support of my wife
🙂
, both have definitely been the silver linings of the black cloud.

View attachment 105116
View attachment 105117
View attachment 105118
View attachment 105119
View attachment 105120
View attachment 105121
View attachment 105122
View attachment 105123

Nice - Demonstration of a life well lived! These types of things start becoming end-game purchases.

I'm a big believer in the big dynamic qualities of big towers.

Be sure to report back on their two-channel capabilities, imaging, soundstage, and so forth.

Last edited:
my AVR is enabled, but I haven't dug it yet, or haven't seen where to listen to Auto 3D music.
If you have access to the Auro 3D auromatic mixer then I would recommend trying it out with stereo content. That’s assuming that you’re also going to put in a ceiling speaker directly overhead (the proverbial “voice of God” speaker, which is critical for Auro 3D).

Nice - Demonstration of a life well lived! These types of things start becoming end-game purchases.

I'm a big believer in the big dynamic qualities of big towers.

Be sure to report back on their two-channel capabilities, imaging, soundstage, and so forth.

I'm overly gratefully surprised with the performance of 2CH on the RF 7 IIIs. Despite not running bi-amp with an external amp, I tested some losslesss music from Apple Music last night and I was blown away, not in a chance my previous LR speakers went this far (RP 8000F). Enough bass to wonder if the SW was on too. Treble and mid at the right level.

there will be now a 6" gap between cabinet and wall because of cables.

Looks more like 2'!

I learned a little trick a few years ago. When trying to create that perfect stereo image from the place where you sit, take one of your MONO recordings and play that. Between a little movement and toe in/out of your two front speakers, that mono signal should be locked dead center. So then when you go to a stereo recording the information between the speakers will be dead perfect. All recordings are different, modern recordings the vocals seem to be pretty good at phantom center, but older rock recordings they played around with vocals being on the sides, etc, so by taking that mono recording you can rest assure your dialed in.
Thanks for the tip, that's really cool!

Back