Show us your QUADIO's!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As there were a few Dragonflies (female Emperor laying eggs & a male Common Darter defending territory) flying around my pond today I thought I'd photo my Quadio (& Atmos forgot to add the Deep Purple)) specials by the pool, as I'd like Jefferson Starship's Dragonfly & especially Spitfire! I'd wondered if one would land on the collection, no luck :)
View attachment 108077
Great shot there Duncan! Good job

As there were a few Dragonflies (female Emperor laying eggs & a male Common Darter defending territory) flying around my pond today I thought I'd photo my Quadio (& Atmos forgot to add the Deep Purple)) specials by the pool, as I'd like Jefferson Starship's Dragonfly & especially Spitfire! I'd wondered if one would land on the collection, no luck :)
View attachment 108077

In my recent trip to Nihon I found some BLUE fireflies! My favorite word in Spanish is..LIBÉLULA (firefly)
blue libelula.jpg

sorry for the derail...but I thought it was beautiful, I was not aware of the "blues singing" libélulas

Do own own the 2024 release of Purple's "Machine Head?"
At this point, I did not spring for that one. I know the reviews on the quad mix are beyond excellent, but hiding it behind a paywall of a vinyl edition and two CDs of live performances I most likely will never listen to, has prevented me from pulling the purchase trigger. Fingers-crossed that at some point down the road, RHINO is able to release it as a solo Quadio, or it goes on a massive 50% OFF sale like they did with The Yes Album. Then, it becomes an instant buy for me.

At this point, I did not spring for that one. I know the reviews on the quad mix are beyond excellent, but hiding it behind a paywall of a vinyl edition and two CDs of live performances I most likely will never listen to, has prevented me from pulling the purchase trigger. Fingers-crossed that at some point down the road, RHINO is able to release it as a solo Quadio, or it goes on a massive 50% OFF sale like they did with The Yes Album. Then, it becomes an instant buy for me.
Feeling that 100%. Also, don’t give us a bootleg concert disc that sounds like shit as part of an anniversary package. The “significance” of the recording does not outweigh the sonic shortfalls. That is akin to pissing on my head and telling me it’s raining.

Last edited:
I'm missing a few that are just waaay more than I want to spend on them in the secondary market (fingers crossed for reissues). I think my money would be better spent on a quality player at this point, which is why some of these haven't been opened yet. I even have a ONE SACD, "ziggy stardust", that I picked up when a local record store closed for cheap ... no way to properly play it.

Cheers!
--Michael

Attachments

• quadio.jpeg
    quadio.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm missing a few that are just waaay more than I want to spend on them in the secondary market (fingers crossed for reissues). I think my money would be better spent on a quality player at this point, which is why some of these haven't been opened yet. I even have a ONE SACD, "ziggy stardust", that I picked up when a local record store closed for cheap ... no way to properly play it.

Cheers!
--Michael
Sony has at least one Blu Ray/SACD player that you can buy new for not too much money.

Back