Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Monkey Wards anchored the first enclose mall in my hometown of Lakeland, I believe, although Sears was in a bigger one across the highway.
The very first strip mall in Lakeland was anchored by the 3rd Publix store on one end, and Touchton's Drugs on the other. Had the best damned hobby store I ever seen. I used to buy chemicals there for my little chemistry lab.

My Montgomery Wards lawn mower started on the first pull for it's 36th year in a row this spring! Bought in 88 and still running like a champ but it's bag wore out many years ago. But I moved this year and sold it for $25 since I'm not planning on any grass at the new place. Think I got my money's worth out of it.

Great memory jab! That mall had Woolworth and Kresge's was in a far different part of town called the Kansas City Plah-zuh, dahling. Both sold records, pets, and burgers.
Yeah Woolworths was in our first strip mall in Lakeland. Loved the store, and the soda fountain. Had many a cherry cola there. First Christmas present I bought my Mom was there on yard mowing money.
But, the checkout lady talked my Mom out of buying the Beatles first LP for me. Actually said, and I still remember, something to the effect of "do you want your children listening to this?" What a bitch.

Yeah Woolworths was in our first strip mall in Lakeland. Loved the store, and the soda fountain. Had many a cherry cola there. First Christmas present I bought my Mom was there on yard mowing money.
But, the checkout lady talked my Mom out of buying the Beatles first LP for me. Actually said, and I still remember, something to the effect of "do you want your children listening to this?" What a bitch.
And where is that check out lady today?

Back