Software for retrieval of FLAC files from a corrupt HD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Can anyone recommend Windows software for retrieval of my FLAC files from a corrupt external hard drive?

I did download a few programs the Western Digital website recommended however once the files were found and ready to backup I was asked for money before I could get my files.

I definitely don't trust this.

Any suggestions?

I would try Testdisk first. Have not used it for some time, probably a little more "technical" than other programs, but definitely free and I think highly regarded.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Remember that it is preferable to make a copy of the drive first and then try recovery from that copy (I think Testdisk supports that approach), because the drive can get even more corrupt with every read attempt if it is physically damaged.

Can anyone recommend Windows software for retrieval of my FLAC files from a corrupt external hard drive?

I did download a few programs the Western Digital website recommended however once the files were found and ready to backup I was asked for money before I could get my files.
Is the HDD corrupt or has it actually malfunctioned?
Is the HDD still in your computer or in a caddy of some kind?
Please confirm the HDD's make, size and model number?

Back