RHINO QUADIO batch #6 - Speculation Extravaganza!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't be surprised if FM's Tusk wasn't one of the DVD-A that was ready to go, but only to be downgraded later on to DVD-V.
Seems about right.

So many reissue programs for surround music that fizzled out after very promising starts like DVD-A and Sony’s original SACD line. Here’s hoping that Quadio on BD keeps them coming for a much longer extended period.

Wouldn't be surprised if FM's Tusk wasn't one of the DVD-A that was ready to go, but only to be downgraded later on to DVD-V.
I'm pretty sure that's the case for all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1s released on DVD-V in box sets (save Rumours, which made it out in-period on DVD-A, of course).

I'm pretty sure that's the case for all the Fleetwood Mac 5.1s released on DVD-V in box sets (save Rumours, which made it out in-period on DVD-A, of course).
1975 S/T and Tusk were holdovers from the DVD-A days, but the Mirage 5.1 mix was created specifically for the 2013 box set (there’s an interview in either Tape OP or Sound On Sound where Ken Caillat mentions this).

1975 S/T and Tusk were holdovers from the DVD-A days, but the Mirage 5.1 mix was created specifically for the 2013 box set (there’s an interview in either Tape OP or Sound On Sound where Ken Caillat mentions this).
I was going to suggest that might likely be the case. The 1975 S/T is a very strong album so far as the material, and I love the 5.1 mix, a solid 10. Higher resolution might take it over the top, to a 12 actually. It's that wonderful of an album. 5.1 brought out some extra fidelity over the stereo mix imo. Outstanding material, wonderful mix in 5.1

Back