Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my delivery notice my set is arriving today, I have been giving it a week from release date to give the boys in the shipping dept a breather..........................BUT

Got an email that the restoration of my Sansui 9001 is complete with Mylar caps and the LED upgrade is ready to ship home......
WOOOO F'in WOOOOOOOOOOO

USPS dropped off my Quadio's, and for the first time, on #5......NO Damage
Like everyone has reported , shipped in a cardboard box, with the end flaps just tucked in.......Not complaining, because it worked for me!
So hopefully, damaged cases are a thing of the past. We complained and Rhino listened

Listened to the Duke this afternoon, a very nice listening experience, but Iam excited to hear it in true quad.
Just paid my invoice to QRX restore and talking to them just now, my Sansui has been "burned in" playing in their shop. It has 3 more checks to be done, and will be shipped out on the 19th. Then the stress of waiting for it to arrive on my doorstep safely will be giving me a few sleepless nights.
Just thinking it has been 50 YEARS since I heard it play has me as excited as a kid on Christmas day....LOL:D

Here is part of what was sent to me, for those interested......
Hi Bruce,

We've completed the restoration of your QRX-9001 and have it looking and sounding great. We also replaced the AM antenna holder, repaired speaker switch, did a complete LED conversion, mylar cap upgrade, and the differential current balance modification.

If you have any specific questions about any of the work that was done, we would be happy to answer them but in the meantime please find your invoice below:

(The invoice is not for the faint of heart) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

USPS dropped off my Quadio's, and for the first time, on #5......NO Damage
Like everyone has reported , shipped in a cardboard box, with the end flaps just tucked in.......Not complaining, because it worked for me!
So hopefully, damaged cases are a thing of the past. We complained and Rhino listened
Not a thing of the past, no, two of mine were broken. And in what way have Rhino listened? it's the same packaging as before.

I got a shipping notice a couple of days ago from Rhino/Gnarlywood. But so far, the USPS doesn’t have the package, so I have no idea when I’ll be getting my new set.

Not a thing of the past, no, two of mine were broken. And in what way have Rhino listened? it's the same packaging as before.
Mine were thrown either a bag or a different box. This box seemed heavier, a different shipping packaging.
Maybe the excitement of getting a shipment without broken cases just got me too excited

Anyone else notice that no one has put these latest Quadios on Discogs yet? If I was more patient, I could probably figure out how to do that. But for now, you can't add them to your collection
I would do it but it is a lot of work adding new releases, so I sit here waiting patiently for someone else to do it!

The easiest way is to select another release (CD perhaps) and save it as a draft. Then you just edit it. The tricky part is to remove the information from the draft that does not apply to the new release and to add in the correct and relevant information. Also although not required it is nice to scan or photograph the artwork and the disc.

In the past I added some selections that had no other version listed, then you have to start totally from scratch, a painful amount of work!

Anyone else notice that no one has put these latest Quadios on Discogs yet? If I was more patient, I could probably figure out how to do that. But for now, you can't add them to your collection
I’ve probably put 50 or so releases on discogs. Seems the stuff in my collection isn’t all that popular. I don’t have my latest batch of quadios yet, so I can’t do that, but if they aren’t posted by the time I get around to adding them to my collection, I will add the releases I have.

I’ve had one cracked case in transit. Sent them a pic of it in shrink wrap, and got a replacement ASAP. They didn’t even ask me to send the old one back.
They wanted my damaged copy of Seals and Crofts back (the booklet was munched having been inserted poorly when packaged).
No problem, they sent a prepaid FedEx label

I would do it but it is a lot of work adding new releases, so I sit here waiting patiently for someone else to do it!

The easiest way is to select another release (CD perhaps) and save it as a draft. Then you just edit it. The tricky part is to remove the information from the draft that does not apply to the new release and to add in the correct and relevant information. Also although not required it is nice to scan or photograph the artwork and the disc.

In the past I added some selections that had no other version listed, then you have to start totally from scratch, a painful amount of work!
Many of the Quadio listings on Discogs have my pictures of the disc and package. Seems many were otherwise good solid listings but had pretty rough pictures. I added mine and removed the older poor quality ones.

Back