Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me Bread was epitomised by the hits "Mother Freedom" and "Let Your Love Go". Neither would I consider to be "soft rock". That being said most of the other hits would fall into that category.

I fully agree with David that in the sixties (and early seventies) music was not divided into niches; that is exactly what I've harped about many times through many of my posts! I agree 100% with the following statement,

"But today? I'd hate to be a new artist today - it's very difficult. It would be better if we just had radio which was divided between classical, jazz, r'n'b and pop."
"There's a lot of different things you can play on radio, but they are so divided up now into categories, and heaven forbid you should play something out of your genre."

That is one reason that I can't stand listening to the radio for any extended period of time today! The other reason is that so many stations run on auto-pilot most of the day. Both the DJ and the music together was what made radio great back in the day! MRGA

Last edited:
For me Bread was epitomised by the hits "Mother Freedom" and "Let Your Love Go". Neither would I consider to be "soft rock". That being said most of the other hits would fall into that category.

I fully agree with David that in the sixties (and early seventies) music was not divided into niches; that is exactly what I've harped about many times through many of my posts! I 100% agree 100% with the following statement,

"But today? I'd hate to be a new artist today - it's very difficult. It would be better if we just had radio which was divided between classical, jazz, r'n'b and pop."
"There's a lot of different things you can play on radio, but they are so divided up now into categories, and heaven forbid you should play something out of your genre."

That is one reason that I can't stand listening to the radio for any extended period of time today! The other reason is that so many stations run on auto-pilot most of the day. Both the DJ and the music together was what made radio great back in the day! MRGA
I was in radio, both music and news, for 30ish years. Radio in 2024 sucks. I never listen anymore (except to NPR if I happen to be in my car during Morning Edition or All Things Considered. And it's rare that I am.) For a little while, iHeart had some good HD-2 stations here, mostly jock and commercial free. But they've turned them all off.

Big companies like iHeart, Audacy, and others are in debt so bad they start trimming and firing people to save money, yet their management seems to still making big salaries and have nice "retirement" packages. Most radio station offices/studios are ghost towns. The local Top 40/CHR station has one local show. Why bother? All the other jocks on the air are from other cities and do no local show prep. All they can talk about is "listen on the app." Really? Isn't that actually defeating the purchase of terrestrial radio?

And the music is programmed from some other place. Even the commercials are placed from a central hub in Denver, 1500 miles away.

I'm sorry. Rant over....

I was in radio, both music and news, for 30ish years. Radio in 2024 sucks. I never listen anymore (except to NPR if I happen to be in my car during Morning Edition or All Things Considered. And it's rare that I am.) For a little while, iHeart had some good HD-2 stations here, mostly jock and commercial free. But they've turned them all off.

Big companies like iHeart, Audacy, and others are in debt so bad they start trimming and firing people to save money, yet their management seems to still making big salaries and have nice "retirement" packages. Most radio station offices/studios are ghost towns. The local Top 40/CHR station has one local show. Why bother? All the other jocks on the air are from other cities and do no local show prep. All they can talk about is "listen on the app." Really? Isn't that actually defeating the purchase of terrestrial radio?

And the music is programmed from some other place. Even the commercials are placed from a central hub in Denver, 1500 miles away.

I'm sorry. Rant over....
I just noticed you have Philly connections. I purchased my SP3 from the HiFi House in Jenkinstown. That was the best audio store I have visited.

I'm sorry. Rant over....
In the words of The Brains, a great band from Atlanta that included three members of what became Georgia Satellites, and Cyndi Lauper, who covered and popularized the song, “Money Changes Everything.”

I fully agree with David that in the sixties (and early seventies) music was not divided into niches; that is exactly what I've harped about many times through many of my posts! I agree 100% with the following statement,

I rarely listen to radio these days, either. Sometimes the local college NPR classical station, sometimes the “oldies” station here (which mostly does ‘80s cuts), but it’s pretty much a wasteland. And I have dedicated FM and AM antennas on my pre-pro!

I can’t see subscribing to a satellite service that has only further served to segment the music. Seriously, an Elvis Costello channel? (Not sure if that’s what it is, but I recall having seen channels dedicated to artists I rarely listen to.)

When I bought my year old car, it had a Sirus subscription. There are a gazillion channels, that I suppose are useful.
Something for everyone?
I use to just keep it on the Classic Vinyl station, but have since just kept it on the Tom Petty channel and Jazz.
Now going on 3 yrs the subscription is still active. I found out thru my insurance company it was a fleet car (Why I pay extra because the car was a fleet vehicle, I don't understand) But maybe the company has a Surus subscription that covers all their cars and mine was never taken off, IDK, but I haven't paid anything.
I was nervous putting a new battery in it, thinking I would have to enter the subscription number or something :D , but something in the car stores power to keep all the memory

I just saw that all the Batch 5 Quadios are each available on Amazon for $21.98.
I could only find Summer Breeze.

Got links for the others, anyone?

I'm pretty sure this is a mistake, this is way too early to sell them, unless Rhino has changed the 90-day exclusivity policy.

Free Prime delivery day after tomorrow?
If it looks too good to be true...

1724268376999.png

I could only find Summer Breeze.

Got links for the others, anyone?

I'm pretty sure this is a mistake, this is way too early to sell them, unless Rhino has changed the 90-day exclusivity policy.

Free Prime delivery day after tomorrow?
If it looks too good to be true...

View attachment 108605

But Summer Breeze was part of Bundle #4 (not #5), which is indeed supposed to be available from other retailers as of August 23. That said: I also don't yet see Hot Tuna, Roberta Flack, or Donny Hathaway on Amazon.

Last edited:
But Summer Breeze was part of Bundle #4 (not #5), which is indeed supposed to be available from other retailers as of August 23. That said: I also don't yet see Hot Tuna, Roberta Flack, or Donny Hathaway on Amazon.
Thanks, lost track of my batch numbers. :whistle:
Good news for batch 4 customers, and right on schedule. :dance

https://www.amazon.com/Burgers-Quadio-HOT-TUNA/dp/B0D96LSQQJ
https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Breeze-Quadio-Seals-Crofts/dp/B0D96NGXRK
https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Softly-Quadio-Roberta-Flack/dp/B0D96NF2T1/
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Man-Quadio-Donny-Hathaway/dp/B0D96LZTFL

Back