Steven Wilson Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) Atmos Mix Coming (Blu-Ray Sept. 27, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not heard this, but since it's Wilson and Atmos I decided that $20 isn't a big risk to see if I like it. Now if we could just get him to give the Atmos treatment to his early solo stuff and PT.

I've not heard this, but since it's Wilson and Atmos I decided that $20 isn't a big risk to see if I like it. Now if we could just get him to give the Atmos treatment to his early solo stuff and PT.
Surely you could just give it a spin on Spotify/Tidal/Apple/You tube first? It's quite different from Wilson's other stuff, so might be worth checking first...

Before today, I had listened to this album 32 times (from start to finish) in total, but 31 of those listens happened between 2012 and 2016, and then an additional one in 2020 (I know this because everything I listen to is scrobbled on my Last.fm account, so I have a reliable archive of all the music I've listened to since quite a few years - really cool!). So it was a bit of rediscovering the album today. But no surprises - it's still as amazing as I recalled it. There is weird music, there is dark music, there is unsettling music, there is beautiful music out there by so many artists, but weird, dark, unsettling AND beautiful music at the same time? That's what makes Storm Corrosion so special to me. Of course, some of the music written by Steven and Mikael for their other bands/projects does have those attributes as well, but I think they were especially inspired here when it comes to combining them.

I was paying special attention to the different elements of the music and I'm "afraid" this is going to make an amazing Atmos experience. I'm saying "afraid" because, as previously said in this thread, I really don't want to buy the album again, but... I might end up doing so, if SW really gets it right.

I almost choked on my beer. LOL! If Steven gets it right? I'd say there is a high probability he will. :hi :censored::LOL:
Can things get much better for us passionate multich listeners & buyers ???
Not only do the new and remastered albums keep rolling out at a breakneck pace, but who do we thank for a new standalone bluray, from the king of surround/Atmos mixing none the less, at a give away price of $19.98?
The only way it could get just marginally better for us totally file based users, was to have it available as a download with all the artwork, etc included. Man September is shaping up to be one kick a-s month for us.

71BNf16FlpL._SL1007_.jpg

Back