Surround By Us: ???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonik Wiz

đź‘‚ 500 MPH EARS đź‘‚
QQ Supporter
I have used an older version of SpecWeb on several projects & was quite happy with the results. I had the urge to revisit & fiddle some more with it. Naturally I wanted the latest version. When I go to the Surround By Us website I get the front page, click on browse as guest, and then the index page shows up just fine. When I click on a forum topic such as downloads, all I get is this:

1724698224311.png

It happens on Win 7 & 10, Firefox & Chrome. Is the website dead? How do I get the latest SpecWeb version? Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I am the admin but haven't made the time to debug as most/all of the action has shifted to QQ. Our hosting provider is constantly making changes underneath us with no notification... Probably a good thing, security wise.

Anyway, for anything you need or questions you want to ask feel free to post here, PM me, etc.

h**ps://surroundbyus.com/sbu/download/file.php?id=77

for "the latest" Spec. I need to check if the 64 bit unlimited VST is included (vs. a bad link) because the website for that is long gone. However if it's not included PM me and I'll get it to you.

Perhaps, after refreshing that for 2024, I'll rehost/parallel host it in the upmix section here on QQ.

Here's a direct download link, that avoids the "board" all together: h**ps://surroundbyus.com/sbu/download/Spec%204.86%20Zag%203.0%20Release%207-3-19%20x64%20Update.zip
Thank you for your kind response & the download link. I look forward to playing with SpecWeb again. And best of luck with keeping Surround By Us going. It really is special.

Thank you for your kind response & the download link. I look forward to playing with SpecWeb again. And best of luck with keeping Surround By Us going. It really is special.
I just realized I misread your question as being about Spec (in Plogue Bidule) vs. SpecWeb.

Here are the all the direct links for my "stuff" that is hosted on Surroundbyus (from most recent to oldest):

SpecScript (includes the latest SpecWeb): h**ps://surroundbyus.com/sbu/download/SpecScript%202.0%20Release.zip

SpecWeb (last release): h**ps://surroundbyus.com/sbu/download/SpecWeb2.4a6%20Pre%20Release.zip

Spec (in Plogue Bidule): h**ps://surroundbyus.com/sbu/download/Spec%204.86%20Zag%203.0%20Release%207-3-19%20x64%20Update.zip

Back