HiRez Poll Talking Heads - STOP MAKING SENSE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Talking Heads - STOP MAKING SENSE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new edition of the classic Talking Heads live album "Stop Making Sense", featuring a brand new Dolby Atmos mix of the album.

(y) :) (n)

TalkingHeads_StopMaking_Cover_4000x4000.jpg

TalkingHeads_StopMaking_2CD_1Blu_ProductShot.jpg

I was and I'm still excited to finally listen to this (or THE live masterpiece?) in high resolution, and in Atmos! Well the stereo layer hides no particular treasures but sounds clean as one expects; the multichannel is right to my ears, fresh but without forgetting to deliver that groovy almost danceable eighties feel. The mix itself now: discrete enough in certain parts especially the interplay between lead vocals and chorus but lemme tell you all singers move around you (for example if leads are now in fronts and chorus in backs, then immediately after ,lead is in center and ladies are in fronts...) creating a real vertigo around you but in a positive way -relaxed and with soft and tasteful transitions-. You have the sensation to be in the middle of the audience but also in the mixing room playing around a bit. I do love this approach. Now the heights, they are never completely silent helping the mains to recreate depth but they never DOUBLE what the other speakers do (something that usually I dislike) but they light up when a guitar solo needs to be elevated above you, to then again disappear to let the music play natural as it should when you listen to a live gig. What? We don't get the movie here? Who cares😆!
Don't miss this release, honestly I consider 1 of the best Atmos remixes so far (neither suffers from those low volume issues that in certain cases put my sub in 💤 sleep mode). A bit pricey yes but aren't we getting used? I didn't compare to the other 4K restored blu-ray freshly released , maybe others who own both can tell me if or where they're different in the spacial mixing .
This release is not putting me to sleep 😴 mode 😉,both me and sub are having fun, so it's an 11 😳, sorry I meant a 10 for me.

Back