The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15 – Jethro Tull – Dharma For One (live)​

2 views 17 hours ago
Living In The Past (MFSL UDCD 2-708)

Happy 77th birthday wishes today go to Ian Anderson.
Happy Birthday Ian Elvo Anderson
Feqfc9XbTXkqBnSZLCwccJ.jpg

Not this guy: :LOL:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/anderia01.shtml

John Mayall
Yes, John was a big fan of JB and dedicated not just one but two songs to him. I think he was planning to do a collaboration, and then JB died, which greatly shook Mayall. He also recorded "Mama, Talk To Your Daughter" and "Alabama Blues" (the latter with Peter Green singing), and the former became a bit of a Mayall concert staple.

While I love this record, apparently that is not a universal opinion…
Hated that. Thank God that it's up to me. You can set me on fire with a bad word about the Minstrel in the Gallery album. lol

What that dude wrote about Aqualung is blasphemy! Aqualung was my first Tull album. I had never heard anything like it. Now, there was a fellow at the frat who said that Benefit was an even better album. OK, that one was also a Tull classic, and he still really liked Aqualung too.

A lot of these later generation writers just do not seem to have an appreciation the ground breaking impact of many of these releases from the 60s and 70s. For many, Aqualung was epic.

Another example: I Want To Hold Your Hand. It isn't a good song unto itself. But I remember when it came out. I had never heard growling guitars like that, or vocals like that on a pop song. The thing was weird and very unique for the time, and that's what made it great.

What that dude wrote about Aqualung is blasphemy! Aqualung was my first Tull album. I had never heard anything like it. Now, there was a fellow at the frat who said that Benefit was an even better album. OK, that one was also a Tull classic, and he still really liked Aqualung too.

A lot of these later generation writers just do not seem to have an appreciation the ground breaking impact of many of these releases from the 60s and 70s. For many, Aqualung was epic.

Another example: I Want To Hold Your Hand. It isn't a good song unto itself. But I remember when it came out. I had never heard growling guitars like that, or vocals like that on a pop song. The thing was weird and very unique for the time, and that's what made it great.
He should be hung, drawn and quartered :LOL:, and he says he doesn't like old Englishmen hopping around playing the flute. Ian Anderson was 24 in 1971 when the album came out, he obviously doesn't understand release dates, and what was new and original then, what a complete pillock!

I don't think pillock translates into American, so here is the meaning :)
1725455457441.png

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? has been on air for over 25 years, keeping all of America's smarty pants on their toes.
This Is The Unbeatable Final "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" Quiz
For $1,000,000: On February 22, 1989, what group won the first Grammy award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance?

• ⬥ A: Metallica
  • ⬥ B: AC/DC
  • ⬥ C: Living Colour
  • ⬥ D: Jethro Tull

Totally agree. While Aqualung. Zep IV, Dark Side, etc. may seem cliche and tired to the youngsters, their impact was tremendous at the time and has lasting effect on us old-schoolers. Also, guys like the reviewer would not have a job if not for the groundbreaking artists and the paths they created.

Reminds me of young pro athletes who openly and brazenly dismiss past generations and their accomplishments. Wake the f*%# up, newbies!

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? has been on air for over 25 years, keeping all of America's smarty pants on their toes.
This Is The Unbeatable Final "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" Quiz
For $1,000,000: On February 22, 1989, what group won the first Grammy award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance?

• ⬥ A: Metallica
  • ⬥ B: AC/DC
  • ⬥ C: Living Colour
  • ⬥ D: Jethro Tull
With all due respect to the actual award winner, the right answer at that time should have been Living Colour. Perhaps a black hard rock band scared the voters more than even Metallica did. And so Tull lives on in rock history for the game show lovers.

Last edited:
He should be hung, drawn and quartered :LOL:, and he says he doesn't like old Englishmen hopping around playing the flute. Ian Anderson was 24 in 1971 when the album came out, he obviously doesn't understand release dates, and what was new and original then, what a complete pillock!

I don't think pillock translates into American, so here is the meaning :)
View attachment 108972
So, pillocks talk bullocks…

Back