The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we will have to find out from Willie who 'his team' is. nice to have another addition to our football discussion group
Bobby, what are doing being up so late btw ?
I couldn't sleep because the Packers gave up a late, garbage time score in their preseason game & only won by a 23-10 score😕.

Last edited:
I like this Newbie !!

Hey Willie - tells us your perspective on the Bills and Packers. And dont be shy....
Chores done, so now back to the important stuff.

The Packers whooped on the Browns yesterday and looked pretty good in the process. Yes, it is the first exhibition game, but always good to start strong. Love looks to be a bonafide QB who is now being paid like one. Lots of young players in the mix, so it could tip the boat either way. If it takes that group another year to mature, they may be a quick out in the playoffs. If they come together, the division should be theirs. LaFleur needs to prove that he can coach them to a few playoff wins or his rope could be shortened considerably. Hot seat? Yes.

The Bills…another coach who needs to show up at playoff time. If they choke this year, regular or post-season, it should be sayonara Sean. Time is ticking on that roster and it looks so far as if the job is too big for him.

The Bills-Chiefs dynamic reminds me of the Broncos-Browns matchups of 1986, 87 and 89. Both had great offenses and QBs, the Broncos had a solid d-line and linebackers, and the Browns had one of the best linebacker and secondary groups in the league. However, the Browns had zero pass rush and could not contain Elway. He had time to pick them apart and did so repeatedly, denying the Browns three times in four years. Sound familiar Bills fans?
Josh Allen is looking a lot like the 21st century version of Jim Kelly, except Allen doesn’t have Marv Levy and a killer defense to get him to the AFC title. It’s Super Bowl or bust time.

we will have to find out from Willie who 'his team' is. nice to have another addition to our football discussion group
Bobby, what are doing being up so late btw ?
I am a lifelong Browns fan (cue the groans from the forum). Have not won a title since 1964 and probably won’t anytime soon. Despite a very solid roster and a good head coach, the QB, Deshaun Watson, is an overrated has-been or kinda never-was.

In a karmic sense, the franchise is cursed by an owner with deep pockets and also a deep past that is shady at best. Add in a QB who has well-documented issues that probably would have landed him in jail if he had not paid to make it go away and you have a team that can’t get out of its own way. Embarrassing to witness that whole deal which brought Watson in, but what else could we expect from an owner who only sees $ at the expense of being a guy with integrity and fortitude.

Plus, with Nick Chubb coming back from a bad knee injury, there is more pressure on the QB who can’t deliver. Last year was a good run, but they were exposed when the heat was on. Looking like more of the same.

So I guess what you are telling us...you like to talk(type)smack....that was a good idea to let us know...I don't type smack...so if you throw shade my way don't expect a response...now JohnN is the exception...he does stir the pot....but you see...he's Canadian...and at times he's hilarious..the other times I have no idea what he means....did I mention he's Canadian...

I would like you to answer a few questions...if you would indulge me....1.Is golf a sport...or just a skill event...If they are considered athletes... why can't they even carry their own golf clubs? 2. I see you mentioned the WWE....do you think it's real or just choreographed matches for entertainment...3. Is there life on other planets?

Welcome to the thread
Didn’t think smack talk was for everyone, so to each his own and I totally respect that. Now, to address your questions.

Golf is croquet on steroids. Also, what’s with this hush-hush bs when they are playing? Man up and deal with the crowd like real athletes do (baseball, basketball and football at the least). They don’t carry their own clubs because that would put a hole in the elitist balloon that is professional golf.

WWE is totally entertainment and always has been. I will say that to be good at it requires a great deal of athletic ability to pull it off so it doesn’t look like a couple of dopes running around. Also, you could seriously injure an opponent if not skilled and athletic.

Not a traveler in time (see Uriah Heep), so I abstain from answering about life on other planets.

Thanks for asking!

Chores done, so now back to the important stuff.

The Packers whooped on the Browns yesterday and looked pretty good in the process. Yes, it is the first exhibition game, but always good to start strong. Love looks to be a bonafide QB who is now being paid like one. Lots of young players in the mix, so it could tip the boat either way. If it takes that group another year to mature, they may be a quick out in the playoffs. If they come together, the division should be theirs. LaFleur needs to prove that he can coach them to a few playoff wins or his rope could be shortened considerably. Hot seat? Yes.

The Bills…another coach who needs to show up at playoff time. If they choke this year, regular or post-season, it should be sayonara Sean. Time is ticking on that roster and it looks so far as if the job is too big for him.

The Bills-Chiefs dynamic reminds me of the Broncos-Browns matchups of 1986, 87 and 89. Both had great offenses and QBs, the Broncos had a solid d-line and linebackers, and the Browns had one of the best linebacker and secondary groups in the league. However, the Browns had zero pass rush and could not contain Elway. He had time to pick them apart and did so repeatedly, denying the Browns three times in four years. Sound familiar Bills fans?
Josh Allen is looking a lot like the 21st century version of Jim Kelly, except Allen doesn’t have Marv Levy and a killer defense to get him to the AFC title. It’s Super Bowl or bust time.
Agree on the Buffalo coach.

Please take this guy back:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Shapiro_(sports_executive)

Didn’t think smack talk was for everyone, so to each his own and I totally respect that. Now, to address your questions.

Golf is croquet on steroids. Also, what’s with this hush-hush bs when they are playing? Man up and deal with the crowd like real athletes do (baseball, basketball and football at the least). They don’t carry their own clubs because that would put a hole in the elitist balloon that is professional golf.

WWE is totally entertainment and always has been. I will say that to be good at it requires a great deal of athletic ability to pull it off so it doesn’t look like a couple of dopes running around. Also, you could seriously injure an opponent if not skilled and athletic.

Not a traveler in time (see Uriah Heep), so I abstain from answering about life on other planets.

Thanks for asking!
Those were great responses...forgive me with one of my observations...I can feel a tremor in the force...you are still haunted by transgressions of the past...THE DRIVE....THE FUMBLE...RED RIGHT 88...time to let it go...even Brian Sipe got over it..

Agree on the Buffalo coach.

Please take this guy back:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Shapiro_(sports_executive)
Please no! Mark did good things while GM in CLE and learned under John Hart (GM during the Indians’ run in the 90s), but the real upswing here came after he left. I couldn’t believe the Jays pulled the plug this year while still being in contention. Do the Jays have an owner with alligator arms? The owners in CLE (the infamous Dolan family) have plenty of cash but always cry poor.

Those were great responses...forgive me with one of my observations...I can feel a tremor in the force...you are still haunted by transgressions of the past...THE DRIVE....THE FUMBLE...RED RIGHT 88...time to let it go...even Brian Sipe got over it..
Thank you. You are so right! Skeletons in my closet…

I am a lifelong Browns fan (cue the groans from the forum). Have not won a title since 1964 and probably won’t anytime soon. Despite a very solid roster and a good head coach, the QB, Deshaun Watson, is an overrated has-been or kinda never-was.

In a karmic sense, the franchise is cursed by an owner with deep pockets and also a deep past that is shady at best. Add in a QB who has well-documented issues that probably would have landed him in jail if he had not paid to make it go away and you have a team that can’t get out of its own way. Embarrassing to witness that whole deal which brought Watson in, but what else could we expect from an owner who only sees $ at the expense of being a guy with integrity and fortitude.

Plus, with Nick Chubb coming back from a bad knee injury, there is more pressure on the QB who can’t deliver. Last year was a good run, but they were exposed when the heat was on. Looking like more of the same.
The Baltimore Ravens’s Ray Rice and Ray Lewis are clear evidence of the fact that integrity in the NFL is overrated. And karma hasn’t factored very much into Bill Belichick’s career successes.

Please no! Mark did good things while GM in CLE and learned under John Hart (GM during the Indians’ run in the 90s), but the real upswing here came after he left. I couldn’t believe the Jays pulled the plug this year while still being in contention. Do the Jays have an owner with alligator arms? The owners in CLE (the infamous Dolan family) have plenty of cash but always cry poor.

"The real upswing here came after he left." I can hope!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Rogers_Communications

Sports Teams

Hey, every great artist eventually runs out of creative ideas.
Yeah, creative Jets. Looking for truth in posts...

Aaron-Rodgers-Profile-2024.png

My name is Rodgers not Rogers. Roger that...

Back