The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lions played in Tiger Stadium until the 80s when the Silverdome was born

Hey Bobby - trying to remember - the Packers shared Milwaukee and GreenBay. Was it Milwaukee one year and then GreenBay the next ? Or was it one game Milwaukee, next game GreenBay ?
It was like 2 or 3 games every year in Milwaukee. 2 or 3 Depending upon if it was a 12 or 14 game schedule.
There was no pattern, I believe, to the games. Since they only played 2 or 3 @ Milwaukee, I never recall 2 in a row in Milwaukee. If you were to look at the current GB schedule, they have what they call 'Gold package' games. Those are for past season ticket holders from Milwaukee only. Those games are all past Milwaukee fans who went to County Stadium to see Packers. ( Packers in the 30's, 40s, 50's... Played in Milwaukee, West Allis- @ State fair park, because GB didn't support them like today. They didn't always sell out & may have lost the franchise back then.
I recall the season opener in '94 or '95 was in Milwaukee & not a sell out like 72 hrs. before game day.It was blacked out in Milwaukee. So I was outside working that day on my garage with the game on radio.
Before some NFL broadcast changes, I recall many '60's Milwaukee games being blacked out for me as a kid.
Funny how one remember those things......? They are good memories.. Thanks for asking Ricky!

Last edited:
well - hope you boys can survive this weekend without me and RickyPicks. Lol. We're headed North. A family wedding this weekend. All weekend affair.
No NFL commentary from me and no picks from Ricky.
Lions have another tough game, Baker Mayfield and the Bucs come to town. Not sure if you saw or read the Buc highlights from last weekend, but they came out on a mission. No Rust from them. Lions on the other hand, better have bought and used some rust removal this past week. One pick here - Lions by 3 . Lets Go Lions

Enjoy your games !!

well - hope you boys can survive this weekend without me and RickyPicks. Lol. We're headed North. A family wedding this weekend. All weekend affair.
Lions have another tough game, Baker Mayfield and the Bucs come to town. Not sure if you saw or read the Buc highlights from last weekend, but they came out on a mission. No Rust from them. Lions on the other hand, better have bought and used some rust removal this past week. One pick here - Lions by 3 . Lets Go Lions

Enjoy your games !!

What? What!!!! No RickyPicks? Well then, the NFL just ain't worth watching. Never, ever let this happen again, RickyPicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your games !!
Enjoy your family wedding! Travel well.

The Big Equalizer has struck again. The NFL has only played 1 week and already 2 good teams have lost their QB's...I feel this year is going to continue along this path. You look at your team's schedule before the season starts...you start to count the probable wins and all of a sudden a key player is gone...and then there are the shockers....outside of immediate family members...not many people thought the Patriots could beat the Bengals AT HOME...

The article that I read said that Tua's helmet hit Hamlin's body when he got the concussion. Tua should have slid.

The scary part is that this wasn't a violent hit...it hints of cumulative brain damage...he had a concussion at Alabama in 2019 and then 2 in 2022 with this one it is 4

The Big Equalizer has struck again. The NFL has only played 1 week and already 2 good teams have lost their QB's...I feel this year is going to continue along this path. You look at your team's schedule before the season starts...you start to count the probable wins and all of a sudden a key player is gone...and then there are the shockers....outside of immediate family members...not many people thought the Patriots could beat the Bengals AT HOME...
You forgot the Browns. Our QB is totally lost…

I wonder how much longer the guys in the locker room are going to put up with his play...that he is only playing because of his contract...it's costing these players money.
Exactly. He’s getting his while everyone else stands by. Time is ticking on this roster. How long until other players’ agents start making noise?

Friday the 13th good luck is here. 😃:cool:🤩🥳
LET JAMES COOK
https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/the-demise-of-the-buffalo-bills-was-greatly-exaggerated
By: Matt Bove

Posted 2:21 AM, Sep 13, 2024
and last updated 2:37 AM, Sep 13, 2024

MIAMI GARDENS, FLA — It's only two games, but the Buffalo Bills certainly don't look like a team that will hand over the AFC East. Entering the season, many fans and experts believed this would be the year the team would take a step back. But their performance against the Miami Dolphins in week two paints a different picture.

“It was a good team win in all three phases," head coach Sean McDermott said. "It's not about one person but all three phases factored in the win which was good to see. Still a lot to work on but we’ll enjoy this plane ride home.”

...As for Cook, he finished the day with 95 total yards and three touchdowns, including his 49-yard touchdown to put an exclamation point on the first half.

Let's go Buffalo - Go Bills!

Friday the 13th good luck is here. 😃:cool:🤩🥳
LET JAMES COOK
https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/the-demise-of-the-buffalo-bills-was-greatly-exaggerated
By: Matt Bove

Posted 2:21 AM, Sep 13, 2024
and last updated 2:37 AM, Sep 13, 2024

MIAMI GARDENS, FLA — It's only two games, but the Buffalo Bills certainly don't look like a team that will hand over the AFC East. Entering the season, many fans and experts believed this would be the year the team would take a step back. But their performance against the Miami Dolphins in week two paints a different picture.

“It was a good team win in all three phases," head coach Sean McDermott said. "It's not about one person but all three phases factored in the win which was good to see. Still a lot to work on but we’ll enjoy this plane ride home.”

...As for Cook, he finished the day with 95 total yards and three touchdowns, including his 49-yard touchdown to put an exclamation point on the first half.

Let's go Buffalo - Go Bills!
I need to ask you something....can you explain this holiday?

The scary part is that this wasn't a violent hit...it hints of cumulative brain damage...he had a concussion at Alabama in 2019 and then 2 in 2022 with this one it is 4
That was also my take. It wasn't a violent hit. It looked like Hamlin eased off quite a bit when it came to contact. It's sad, really.

You forgot the Browns. Our QB is totally lost…
I wonder how much longer the guys in the locker room are going to put up with his play...that he is only playing because of his contract...it's costing these players money.
Exactly. He’s getting his while everyone else stands by. Time is ticking on this roster. How long until other players’ agents start making noise?

And Flacco isn't back home sitting on his sofa to suddenly give the Browns some help like he did last year.

That was also my take. It wasn't a violent hit. It looked like Hamlin eased off quite a bit when it came to contact. It's sad, really.

And Flacco isn't back home sitting on his sofa to suddenly give the Browns some help like he did last year.
I don't blame Flacco...rumor is that he has one of the new La-Z-Boy swivel recliners....he even has the massage function...Watson loves that model

Back