The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More recent seasonals from our local breweries....

Boxing Bear "Strata" mountain IPA. I like this mountain style...a little hazy, a little west coast..BB does it well.
Boxing-Bear-Strata-Mountain-IPA.jpg

Boxing Bear "Juicy Boxer" hazy IPA. Very good but not outstanding hazy...smooth.
Boxing-Bear-Juice-Boxer-NEIPA.jpg

Ex Novo "DJ Party Horn" IPA. Another one that's good but this brewery has done better ones.
Ex-Novo-DJParty-Horn-IPA.jpg

La Cumbre "Revenge of the Unicorns" hazy DIPA (9.0%). Packs a juicy wallop. It's fresh and a little harsh....it ought to be really super after relaxing for a week.
LCBC-Revenge-Unicorns-NEDIPA.jpg

more Chicago beer compliments of the Chicago based kiddos. Moody Tongue Brewing Company Juiced Lychee IPA. Its a sipable IPA at 6.0 percent ABV. Nice. Unique flavor but just seems to be kind of blandish. Ill give it a 6.75 on a 10 scale

moodytongue.jpg

Last edited:
A rare week where I didn't do a beer run for the latest seasonals/limited releases....so it's all whaat's on hand from the fridge.

Ex Novo "Dolla Dolla Pils, Y'all" - decent serviceable pilsner, smooth and light but perhaps was a tad sweet for my usual bitter IPA buds.
Ex-Novo-Dolla-Dolla-Pils.jpg

Gravity Bound "Proof of Life" Vienna lager. Great malts in this one, still easy and smooth...good batch!
Gravity-Bound-Proof-Life-Lager.jpg

Ex Novo "Myriad Reflector" hazy IPA. Not their best...needs more haze and some character.
Ex-Novo-Myriad-IPA.jpg

Ex Novo "Threat Level:Turquoise" IPA - another great batch of this recipe...I see another 4-pack or two in my near future.
Ex-Novo-Threat-Level.jpg

Toasting the memory of David Lindley with a micro-batch local Zipline 2023 Reserve "The Stout."
Rye Stout aged two years in Rye & Bourbon Barrels, 13.9 ABV.

Spinning my collection of live CDs bought at his gigs including Big Twang, his latest & now crowning solo album signed the last time I saw him in 2011. First saw him backing Terry Reid in 1970.

Strong & flavorful, a true "one and done" sipping brew in a full pint, as my partner has no interest in splitting one.
(At the tap room they only serve halfs.)
Cracked at 4 pm, savored through late afternoon, dinner, well into the evening.
Two cans left of a four-pack, which will stay in the cellar until next winter.

1677992077927.jpeg

back to Michigan - Pure baby, Pure !!! This one is local and these kids ( hub and wife ) have a great biz model ! Great food and even better beer.
Archival Brewing Company. This is how you brew a westie. 5.7 ABV and soo tasty. Named after West Coast IPA’s creator Fritz Maytag, Fritz’s Folly is brewed and dry hopped with traditional Cascade hops for bittering and aroma with a medium-bodied malt profile. 9 on a 10 scale

archivalfritzs.jpg

Back