The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackout Friday is always at my place and until recently had a moment of silence for the embarassment Wolverine football had become.
Guess we can stop that now and resume bitching.

A very good BGSA from a local brewery here in SA with an interesting story.
https://www.backunturned.com/about/
BUB.jpg

Check out our complete overview video above to see the Grainfather G40 brewing system in action! The G40 boasts a larger capacity and enhanced connectivity, allowing you to brew up to 40L preboil (11 US Gal) of beer in a single batch...
Ah, thanks for that, but it's a bit too pricey for me as that model is retailing here for CAN$1,600 for 40 litres versus the GF 30 at CAN$719 for 26 litres. The Theakston Old Pec. all-grain pack also makes 23 litres, so it's a good match for a first try.

Having just moved here, I have no friends either, so it's not like I can invite my mates around for a piss-up. My Canadian lady is also not a great beer drinker (and it's either "Stella" or an apricot ale when she does), so the entire 26 litres will have to be just me drinking it. What a tragedy. :)

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
holy shit is that a GREAT story !!!!!!
Honestly, there are thousands of stories like that in San Antonio, one of America's great cities. I'll never forget how hard Mexican immigrants whom I worked with in godawful jobs like digging ditches worked. I mean, I worked my ass off, but they always put me to shame. Anyone who characterizes these people as lazy is just ignorant, period.

Honestly, there are thousands of stories like that in San Antonio, one of America's great cities. I'll never forget how hard Mexican immigrants whom I worked with in godawful jobs like digging ditches worked. I mean, I worked my ass off, but they always put me to shame. Anyone who characterizes these people as lazy is just ignorant, period.
I employed 30 Hispanics at one time. The best employees I ever had. Now I build houses and subcontract to Hispanics for Roofing, Drywall and Painting.
They work their ass off and perform high quality.

Seems we all have similar stories. When I was a soybean breeder back in the day, we employed around 10-15 Hispanics to help with purifying breeder lots of seed. They were simply amazing. Some of the very best employees we had. Dependable, hardworking, helpful...all that. I hate to say, they simply way outperformed our local high school student employees.

Ah, thanks for that, but it's a bit too pricey for me as that model is retailing here for CAN$1,600 for 40 litres versus the GF 30 at CAN$719 for 26 litres. The Theakston Old Pec. all-grain pack also makes 23 litres, so it's a good match for a first try.

Having just moved here, I have no friends either, so it's not like I can invite my mates around for a piss-up. My Canadian lady is also not a great beer drinker (and it's either "Stella" or an apricot ale when she does), so the entire 26 litres will have to be just me drinking it. What a tragedy. :)
The link was intended more as a 'look at how it works' and not a 'get the big bitch' but I did not say that and yeah, we brew 6gal batches and split it so your point is well made

Back