HiRez Poll Thin Lizzy - 1976 (JAILBREAK & JOHNNY THE FOX) [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Thin Lizzy - 1976 (JAILBREAK & JOHNNY THE FOX)

• 10: Terrific Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Finally got a chance to hear all four surround mixes and have to say I think it sounds great. I appreciate that both albums retain their original feel and mood (of a 70's Rock album), even when split into multi-channels. No, it is not a surround demonstration disc, but it really rocks and I am really glad I bought this one.
I have always been a Thin Lizzy fan and hope they re-mix some of the later albums into surround.

I'm voting 9 on this release, deducting 1 point for the simple visual of still pics of the band members that just repeats throughout. The Howard Jones blu-rays with excellent visuals to go with each song have spoiled me a bit on releases that aren't as adventurous as the HJ discs.

Last edited:
listening to this on my computer 5.1 so far as I have some works in progress in the living room.

Well, the albums are so great that I can't be objective.

They never were the best sounding albums on the planet but I'm enjoying these new mixes so far. Even the little changes in the content like the sax in Running Back seem to be fitting perfectly.

Can't wait to have my other system working again to enjoy it as it should be.

Won't cast a vote yet but it will probably be around 7-8

Back