Tim Bowness - Powder Dry new album with Steven Wilson 5.1 mix (CD/DVD-V + FLAC Download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this instance it would be useful to know that the download is closer to the master than what's available on the DVD. Hence the need for accurate information on both the disc and the download!

As I may have mentioned before, the DVD could have been encoded/authored with 6 channel 48/16 LPCM audio and still have been spec compliant...
Well just be assured that this is master quality!

TBH knowing the number of variables having done that job, I always worry that the DD encode could have been done by a lowly-paid intern.. Hence my desire for lossless. Plus, those gathered here tend to have systems that merit it.

enough foresight to arrange the download and at least announce at the time of the release that a hi-res version will be available
I agree it would have been more ideal to have the download up on the same day the disc was released, as we did last year for Bruce Soord's Luminescence.

Rest assured I asked the label about this several times going back to when this album was announced earlier in the year and was met with crickets. Somehow @Patrick Cleasby was able to finally capture their attention and get things moving.

I agree it would have been more ideal to have the download up on the same day the disc was released, as we did last year for Bruce Soord's Luminescence.

Rest assured I asked the label about this several times going back to when this album was announced earlier in the year and was met with crickets. Somehow @Patrick Cleasby was able to finally capture their attention and get things moving.
TBH TB and SW first and then dragged the label in for an OK

I’m surprised people aren’t up in arms about the luxury of a possible Luminescence Atmos upgrade too right now!

Back