HiRez Poll Trower, Robin - BRIDGE OF SIGHS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Robin Trower - BRIDGE OF SIGHS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
No love for "In This Place"? I think that's maybe the most impressive track from a surround POV. Different guitars spread all around, including the wah-wah part that's only in the side speakers.
It caught my attention. Which is an issue.
The mix is super inconsistent, just like Vagabonds. I don’t like sitting and waiting for occasional overdubs to appear in the surround field.

At this stage it's a 7 from me. I finally got my 7.1 system set up right and I couldn't wait to play one of my favourite albums in Atmos. To my ears the guy who mixed it doesn't know much about mixing in surround. It is definitely not very immersing to my ears. Bloody disappointment. The book is a challenge to actually turn the pages and read and it is also a challenge to get the discs out to actually play them and lastly the menu screen music is about 2-3 times louder than the actual music content so when the album finishes it almost blows your ears or the speakers.
Great observation. Thanks for the warning

Back