Steven Wilson Ultravox Lament remix forthcoming! (SDE-exclusive Blu-Ray & 7CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh brother, that was a money grab, but I did it.
Atmos from SDE and box from Amazon.
Amazon always has a better price at time of release and shipping faster.
If I bundled the two from SDE I have no chance at a better price at time of release.
Ive still got both on order with the boxie coming from Scamazon. I have PLENTY of time to consider cancelling that order..........let it ride for now

The Atmos was a late addition, finished only a few weeks ago :)
Jonathan, if you have anything to add about the Atmos mix I would love to hear about it.
What a fantastic edition to have the Atmos mix available as well for this album.
Would it have been better to be able to have the Atmos Bluray in the box,of course but now everyone can choose either the bluray only,the bluray and the box or just the box.

HaHa - after agonizing over the 'limited' value (IMHO) of the expensive 8 disc boxset (sans Atmos, just 5.1 on DVD) SDE comes through and saves the day with a better standalone BD. Instant buy for me - so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the boxset first. It's situations like this that encourage me to hold out for more reasonable releases of titles like the recent bloated Yes and Alan Parsons box sets.

Well this is odd...in fact I'm shocked. Won't this pretty much slam the door shut on anyone buying the deluxe box version? I mean, I'm going to cancel my order and grab this one. No brainer for me.
That is a fair assessment but I think I might pick up both. I am a fan of Ultravox and I have really liked the box sets and I have some Amazon Points.
Also keep in mind that this is a really short pre-order window of 10 days.

I don't know - I think they missed the boat on this one. If they had marketed a set with a blu-ray and 2-3 cds for $45-$60 that would have sold. But 7 cds and a dvd for $80-$90 for this album? I think it's too much. Vienna was 5 cds and a dvd for ~$60. Still pricey, but a better value, at least to me. Of course, the best value is the blu-ray with Atmos.

Back