Ultravox - Rage In Eden (Steven Wilson remix out in September!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not betting on not having another fiasco.

Amazon US has put this on their Temporarily out of stock status for the last week and half.

When I clicked on the link it took me to amazon.co.uk and this! :eek::ROFLMAO:🤔
1658354919621.png

When I typed it into amazon.co.uk I got the correct page Ultravox - Rage In Eden but they still ****ing won't let me pre-order, I think I'm going to contact amazon.co.uk tomorrow and have a go at them as this starting happening a few months a go on pre-orders.

So the official store lists 24/96 5.1, 24/96 dts 5.1 and DD 5.1

Does that mean they actually got it right and are giving us a DVD-A folder with MLP?

DVD [Audio Only]:
‘Rage In Eden' Album and B-Sides– Steven Wilson Mixes (Previously Unreleased)
24/96 5.1 Surround Mix
DTS 96/24 5.1 Surround Mix
DOLBY AC3 5.1 Surround Mix
9624 LPCM Stereo Mix

Does that mean they actually got it right and are giving us a DVD-A folder with MLP?
Doubtful, but I hope you’re not planning on skipping it for that reason alone. The Vienna remix was incredible, maybe one of the best 5.1 mixes of vintage material I’ve ever heard. Sounds better than many if not most lossless titles in my collection

Man, I can't wait for this (even though I may have to sell a kidney to finance it! 😲 )

When I was prog/metal head going through University, I had a very good friend who's musical tastes were pretty much a polar opposite to mine. We used to play each other so much stuff, and I actually ended up liking pretty much everything he ever played me; Psychic TV, Tomita, Ultravox, Grace Jones, Yello, Philip Glass etc

"Rage in Eden" was one of those that he introduced me too, and it was always near the top of the record pile. It's been on my wish list for a surround mix right since I first started collecting 5.1, waaaaaay back in 2002 ("Fragile" by Yes on DVD-A was my first ever surround album) , and I can't wait to hear what Wilson has done with it, particularly "Your Name (Has Slipped My Mind Again)."

Contrary to what the track listing says, apparently the 5.1 DVD will include Penteo upmixes of "The Voice" and "Death In The Afternoon" :)

View attachment 81728
Maybe on your next SW interview for IAA Jonathan, you can ask him about his Penteo work. I'd also like to know if he utilizes some kind of Stem extraction type process, maybe for items like Center Channel vocals etc. From my own experience, Penteo doesn't have great results with a 5.1+ up-mix for Center Channel vocals, mixing too much other stuff in there if one would prefer some isolation. It seems to be used now by Atmos mixers for some older material, streaming in Apple Spatial Audio music.

Yeah I'm not sure why these sellers have either said "Sorry, this item is no longer available" (bull moose); "Temporarily out of stock" (Amazon) or have differing release dates of
either 30-09-2022 & 12-02-2022.

Seems like a lot of confusion on this one. I may have to pull the trigger on Burning Shed (or have I already :unsure: LOL), but I'd rather do bull moose.

Back