Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the charge on my credit card that basically says, “We didn’t lose your Van Halen pre-order that you made so long ago.”

My philosophy with these is that I’ll pre-order the next one once the new one ships. I had originally pre-ordered all 6 at once, but then panicked when they weren’t completely clear over the phone if pre-ordering all in one order meant I’d get them once they’ll all available vs. each one coming as they’re produced.

And this way my annoyance of how long it takes to get all these out can be spread out evenly, just one title at a time.

I just received an email from UPS saying that an order is on the way from Mobile Fidelity. Arrival date is estimated as Dec 9th, and the weight is 3 pounds. I then checked the Mofi site against my orders, and all are still showing as "Unfulfilled". I ordered both the SACD and the vinyl of VH1. If I get any more clues I'll pass them along, but it does seem like something is happening. Fingers crossed.

I placed an order today. Let’s see how long it takes until delivery.

Order summary​

Van_Halen_VanHalen_compact_cropped.jpg
Van Halen - Van Halen × 1
$29.99​
MoFi_UD1S_Van_Halen_Render_Box_Cover_compact_cropped.jpg
Van Halen - Van Halen × 1
$125.00​
Subtotal
$154.99​
Shipping
$9.99​
Taxes
$11.23​
Total
$176.21 USD​

I'm more interested to see if yours ships before those of us who pre-ordered almost 2 years ago.

Not that it matters on the grand scheme of things, as long as mine isn't too far behind.
I ordered mine via MoFi directly even though they will ship out of the same location as Music Direct. Plus, MoFi charges shipping (I picked the lowest option) whereas Music Direct doesn't, over a certain amount spent, currently $49.

I just ordered the Van Halen SACD on Music Direct a few days ago, when it showed "Out of Stock". Now it shows "In Stock" and an email from them confirms mine is shortly shipping. I ordered it with more stuff so since my order totalled to more than $49 I got free shipping.

Just got shipping notice for the VH1 sacd. Coming via UPS.

This might be the most excited I've been for a stereo release in a while.
Me too with the shipping notice. Although in my case it’s UPS... to USPS. The way our local post office has been processing stuff recently, it’ll likely be an extra day or two for delivery. Currently on target for Saturday. 🤞🤞

Also just made my pre-order for Van Halen II.

Me too with the shipping notice. Although in my case it’s UPS... to USPS. The way our local post office has been processing stuff recently, it’ll likely be an extra day or two for delivery. Currently on target for Saturday. 🤞🤞

Also just made my pre-order for Van Halen II.
Mine is Wednesday the 13th. Hopefully it will get here sooner but at least it’s happening.

I'd call and ask how much longer you are to wait as you know others are already being shipped.
I did. They don't know either. They haven't received any from MoFi.

UPDATE: Reply from MoFi - "We are in the process of shipping all preorders for Van Halen (LP and SACD) and our distributors and retail partners will be receiving their stock shortly. Appreciate your patience!"

Last edited:
Back