• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Classical quad 8 track rarity: Massenet Le Cid/Fremaux (Or others)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21573

This album, which is TAS, is in fact available on 8T. I've seen it once on eBay and missed out. Does anyone have a copy? Was available on UK emI quad only. Does anyone have a copy they want to unload? Or any other unusual classical quad 8Ts?

Don't have this, but it is a early SQ - not a single inventory but in stereo and quad - and as SQ had some repress not only in uk. Easier to find.

Perhaps Jonathan wants the Q8 thinking it will be a more discrete mix; or that is the format he has to work with, dunno. However being an EMI Classical release I know from my experience with the typically SQ LPs; they only have some minor venue ambience in the rear channels. Don't believe I've ever heard this one though.

I didn't find a Q8 of this one in discogs as of yet.

I can't remember if he specifically mentioned this one to me or not, but Mike Dutton said the reason they haven't pursued reissuing these EMI classical recordings is because of exactly that, they're just venue ambiance in the rear speakers.

Great find! Thank you -- and yes, that's the recording. It's a whopper on vinyl, in SQ and good old stereo.

Back