Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far from it, next year sees the next version of Fragile through a new technology where YES appears in your lounge room and plays the album holographically.
If ABBA can go on a virtual tour as a hologram(I believe Zappa did as well? 🤔) then YES can definitely repackage Fragile for at home holographic playback. Only problem is, they would still package it with vinyl included.

Vote: 9
Finally got a chance to listen to this. Still haven't bought it since I refuse to play a part in the wastefulness of these overstuffed box sets. The mix is great, very rear heavy which comes off a bit strong but overall I like it. Can't really remember how the 2015 5.1 sounds so just going off the Atmos. So, 3 points for the mix, 3 points for the music, 3 points for the content, and 0 points for the overall package as labels need to move past forcing vinyl on everybody and just sell the individual Blu-ray (or better yet, digital versions).
I understand your objections to being obliged to pay extra for a new vinyl copy, but for us vinyl-era "legacy" fans, these new bundles are pure catnip. The merit of the music is already locked down, we can just bask in the compare & contrast fun of re-experiencing this foundational prog masterpiece in its native format ALONG WITH the new Atmos/5.1 mix. I wouldn't pull the trigger for a "deluxe" re-issue of, say, "Tormato," but "Fragile", ABSOLUTELY (likewise the earlier "Yes Album" deluxe package).

I understand your objections to being obliged to pay extra for a new vinyl copy, but for us vinyl-era "legacy" fans, these new bundles are pure catnip. The merit of the music is already locked down, we can just bask in the compare & contrast fun of re-experiencing this foundational prog masterpiece in its native format ALONG WITH the new Atmos/5.1 mix. I wouldn't pull the trigger for a "deluxe" re-issue of, say, "Tormato," but "Fragile", ABSOLUTELY (likewise the earlier "Yes Album" deluxe package).
Sure but I mean, you could also just buy the vinyl and the Blu-ray if that was even an option... probably would still be cheaper than the box set... and gives everyone their choice...

Very curious whether @ForagingRhino can or would wish to express his views on the topic, or those of Rhino records. He might personally want to steer clear of the conversation, might be under NDA, etc.

At least it would be nice to know that Rhino is aware that some patrons do not love multichannel discs trapped in deluxe box sets.

This is sometimes referred to as T.O.M.B.S.
(Tired of Mega Box Sets).

Back