Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see how they will do the gatefold with this edition. So cool when you opened the album for the first time to see the Dean fantasy landscape. To me it's all part of the magic of an amazing album. Will the CDs & Blu Rays be tucked in a sleeve so the artwork is untouched? Looking forward to ordering it from importcds when the time comes... Maybe late November?

I'm curious to see how they will do the gatefold with this edition.
I'm good with a digital pdf or quality jpeg version on the disc under /folder set to
open on screen while the album plays. It can then be viewed on anything from a smartphone
to my 85" Samsung :p

I'm good with a digital pdf or quality jpeg version on the disc under /folder set to
open on screen while the album plays. It can then be viewed on anything from a smartphone
to my 85" Samsung :p
85! Nice. I'm still using my 32 inch Panasonic I bought in 2009. Maybe one day I bump up to a 37 😂

I'm curious to see how they will do the gatefold with this edition. So cool when you opened the album for the first time to see the Dean fantasy landscape. To me it's all part of the magic of an amazing album. Will the CDs & Blu Rays be tucked in a sleeve so the artwork is untouched? Looking forward to ordering it from importcds when the time comes... Maybe late November?
I suspect it would be in the book that they stick in with the vinyl.

Sadly, IMHO these rhino yes reissues are some of the worst, overpriced, poorly packaged sets being released. Let's tick off the problems: bundled unwanted vinyl, epic fail in packaging the blu-ray in a carboard sleeve "held" in place by bending the corners of the sleeve under flimsy bits of thin cardboard that will tear over time instead of securing the BD on a sturdy plastic hub, severely underutilizing the storage capacity of the BD by placing extra content on lower res CD's, securing CD's on hubs instead of the BD, and including a booklet loaded with photos instead of written material - just compare with ANY Jethro Tull book set release. Also, compare the hi-res BD content from the earlier Panegyric Definitive reissues to these newer BD's - it's a joke.

Don't kid yourself - the only reason for these new reissues packaged this way is to gouge the fans with an inflated price. In terms of new content, it's really just the Atmos mix that makes these rhino reissues essential because so far, the Atmos mixes are truly incredible and I think definitive. Fortunately, if you wait a few months the price drops by 40-45%, which puts them in the category of simply overpriced and not totally ridiculous.

Don't kid yourself - the only reason for these new reissues packaged this way is to gouge the fans with an inflated price. In terms of new content, it's really just the Atmos mix that makes these rhino reissues essential because so far, the Atmos mixes are truly incredible and I think definitive. Fortunately, if you wait a few months the price drops by 40-45%, which puts them in the category of simply overpriced and not totally ridiculous.
I'm really, really disappointed HEJIRA didn't get surround treatment in the latest Joni box set. GRRRRRRR!

There must be a reason, as they could have charged more!

Well this is just how my luck goes. For the first time in years, I've been in the mood to listen to this album, but there was no way I was going to pay anything near the list price for it. Just the other day I found it still sealed for $60 on Discogs + $10 shipping, and thought I did well. Only now I see it's at $57 on Amazon with free shipping. :-(

Still cost me more than it should for the value I'll personally get out of it, but what the heck.... this finally has to be the last word on this album for me, right??

Sadly, any box set with an LP is a hard no for me. I have to draw the line somewhere.
1723909196209.png

Well this is just how my luck goes. For the first time in years, I've been in the mood to listen to this album, but there was no way I was going to pay anything near the list price for it. Just the other day I found it still sealed for $60 on Discogs + $10 shipping, and thought I did well. Only now I see it's at $57 on Amazon with free shipping. :-(

Still cost me more than it should for the value I'll personally get out of it, but what the heck.... this finally has to be the last word on this album for me, right??
Last time and a word?

Last time and a word?
And here I resisted originally writing that I was in the Mood (for a day) to listen to this album.

Anyway, the record companies always seem to find a way to get us to buy the same old albums over and over again, so I suppose I was just dreaming Sweet Dreams that this would be my last purchase of Fragile.

Ok, I'm done now. ;-)

Back