Warren Haynes-Presents The Benefit Concert-3 CD, 2 BD, 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love this concert video in 5.1 surround.
I am deeper into the concert, but for new music the band called Marco Benevento the two songs are so great.
I remember not knowing about the band Neal Francis when I saw them open up for Marcus King, same thing fell in love.
Sometimes those opening bands can really grab you.

Now $19.99 on Amazon for the 3cd/2bluray edition. Very solid 5.1 mix. As mentioned, highlights include Grace Potter, Dave Grohl, Gov’t Mule playing their tunes and a healthy slice of DSOTM by Pink Floyd, and Mike Gordon from Phish. Also, Joe Bonamassa is on FIRE here. Don’t sleep on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Generally I do not like the sonics of any Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. I prefer DTS, and particularly of course want DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD on blu rays. This is a blu ray with only Dolby Digital 5.1 which as I say sort of sucks. But surprise surprise. Even with Dolby Digital 5.1, this concert and sonics were really groovy and I really got into it. Nice surprise. Though if I had realized in advance it was only DD 5.1 I never would have ordered it. But glad I did!

Yeah I mean for the price it's definitely worth buying, just to see such a variety of musicians and music. I don't know why BD's get released with DD instead of at least DTS (Blue Oyster Cult comes to mind!) but so it goes. At least the video is often much improved on BD's as opposed to DVD's.

Back