Fish - Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors and Internal Exiles to be mixed in Atmos (4CD+BluRay Deluxe Sets Shipping July 29, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This I know: Fish pours his entire being into any project he chooses to tackle. These deluxe editions will at least be on par with anything in the Jethro Tull Reissue Series and probably better than the Marillion Major Label Deluxe

Speaking of Mackintosh and Bradfield, I guess for most of us their work will be the ultimate decider if these deluxe editions are worth it or not.

I almost wholeheartedly agree. Always thought Fish, Marillion and Jethro Tull got the super-delux balance just right: tons of material, great books, awesome form factor and very reasonable prices. None of that nonsense of mixing in vinyl into the only edition with Atmos. Speaking of which, JT lost the edge by insisting on the DVDs when Steve Wilson moved on to atmos mixes. I still buy everything released in that series, mind you.

Also on Mackintosh and Bradfield, they advanced immensely since the first Marillion mixes. I liked Misplaced Childhood, but I would love it even through the mono cassette player, which incidentally is how I’ve listened to it the first time around. 13th Star is magnificent mix, I’ve rediscovered that album and loved it, although I kinda dismissed it when it came out. By now these guys are totally on par with Steve and I don’t expect anything less than a mind-blowing mix. Doubt Fish would allow lowering the bar for his best (imho) and iconic (definitely) solo work.

Mine are also coming across the pond, but the email informing me didn't give me any shipping/tracking info.
I think this is what happened last time with Fish.
Unless you ordered the standard versions from the EU store, nothing else has shipped. Delay + automatic email = Fish Confusion Again

See post #72

Last edited:
Fish posted an update on the “Vigil” & “Internal” releases on social media today, also re-sending the same message from last week to his email group and those with orders on file.

The good news is that there are no further delays seen on the immediate horizon for the release of the Deluxe Blu-ray editions. Fish will get the main delivery next Wednesday, July 31st. The EU store is still on track to get the deluxe editions on Monday (July 29).

If you only ordered a standard version of either of these (who on this forum would do such a thing?) than I am happy to convey that Fish stated that all advance orders are in the post as of yesterday.

But wait…… Of course, there are other hiccups to all plans Fish.

Fish reported issues with the vinyl pressings. The “Internal” discs are done, but there was a problem with three of the stampers during the pressing of “Vigil.” He hopes to be back on track over the weekend.

And in another instance demonstrating that Fish is indeed pretty much a “solo” act in all aspects. he is currently repacking a pallet of merchandise destined for Europe. Unfortunately, the pallet broke, and he is now transferring the merchandise to another pallet before wrapping.

Here is picture of the standard CDs and demo Vinyl’s on display in his corporate office that doubles as his dining room.

IMG_5585.jpeg

Well, despite the lack of news,I checked my account at Fish's EU store and my order was shipped yesterday. You can easily get the tracking number from the website
I received it yesterday. But not such a long journey form Hardenberg to Barneveld in the Netherlands (where I live);).

I ordered both of them and they are looking very nice (and good packaging and no damage)!

I received an email from the Fish store that said the deluxe remix editions were expected on July 31, and would begin processing after that. Looks like the EU store is a couple of days ahead of other outlets. It also said that as orders were shipped another email update would be sent out. So far, so good...

Fish just posted that the 7 pallets of deluxe editions of both “Vigil” & “Exile” were delivered today and they got a round to prepping for tomorrow morning’s blitz attack.

It is just Fish & wife and he promised to work through the weekend to get as many out as possible in the next few days.

He again asked that everyone refrain from emailing and asking questions. To quote “ we are no Amazon and there is no munchkin army or helpful robot minions. We are well experienced in moving the numbers out quickly and methodically. Please do not email asking where your order is or if it’s processed. When is on its way, you’ll get an email with the tracking number. Trust us. It’s all happening.”

He also mentioned that Seabass vinyl is continuing to have problems with the “vigil” pressings. So if you ordered a bundle with vinyl, you’re gonna still be waiting.

He didn’t mention anything about the EU store.

IMG_5652.jpeg

This was cool to see from facebook as well:

Fish posted

It was great seeing the new promotional display up at the Omni Centre in St James Square the other day. A huge thanks to Dave Watson at Gem Display and David Barras for getting this all together and also to Steve Vantsis for a wonderful piece of design artwork.
The offer came out of the blue as Dave Watson knew David Barras from days of old in Armadale and they met by chance recently . It turned out Dave Watson was a huge fan and had the misfortune of having a ticket for the Marillion Playhouse gig in January 1986 just as his parents decided they were all moving to Manchester. He still has the ticket and remained a fan, educating his daughters along the road. He heard about the new releases and offered me a chance to get my name up in lights next to the Playhouse Theatre where it all started . A genuinely lovely bloke it was great to meet up and thank him personally for all his help and get our photo taken together with the biggest promo display in Edinburgh. A lovely send off on the last releases.
photos Dave Redpath and Dave Barras

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/yEfKdzszc2CPRPu9/

Fish just posted that the 7 pallets of deluxe editions of both “Vigil” & “Exile” were delivered today and they got a round to prepping for tomorrow morning’s blitz attack.

It is just Fish & wife and he promised to work through the weekend to get as many out as possible in the next few days.

He again asked that everyone refrain from emailing and asking questions. To quote “ we are no Amazon and there is no munchkin army or helpful robot minions. We are well experienced in moving the numbers out quickly and methodically. Please do not email asking where your order is or if it’s processed. When is on its way, you’ll get an email with the tracking number. Trust us. It’s all happening.”

He also mentioned that Seabass vinyl is continuing to have problems with the “vigil” pressings. So if you ordered a bundle with vinyl, you’re gonna still be waiting.

View attachment 108143
Thank you for this update. Most heartened to see he is using stiff cardboard packaging. (I recently have had two very dinted JT booksets from Rarewaves, as they are using soft bubblewrap envelopes. Not a good way to send heavy booksets all the way to Australia. Anywhere, probably.)

Received mine today (Germany) from the EU store, also well-packaged in a cardboard box.

Any first impressions? I just heard Vigil in 5.1, and while it is not bad, I am not really impressed. Very frontal with a lot of reverb... relatively low in volume (which might be good), missing some punch, especially at the highly emotional moments.

Back