Fish - Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors and Internal Exiles to be mixed in Atmos (4CD+BluRay Deluxe Sets Shipping July 29, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official release date is July 22nd. I wonder 🤔 if these will start to ship on the 22nd, before or there's a hiccup and we won't see these until August or September

Can it really be a Fish release without a hiccup?
Looking forward to them no matter when they arrive.
Absolutely not :LOL:

He indicated that the standard & vinyl versions of these two will be getting sent out next week as scheduled.
However the deluxe editions are delayed in shipment from Poland to his house and will now be going out starting July 29. He added that if you ordered from the EU store there will be a slightly less delay time as they don't have the customs issues but will still be a couple days behind the original release date.

I just got emails with
1721658919499.png
for both "Vigil In A Wilderness of Mirrors" & "Internal Exile", quite what it means I'm not sure! :) but it seems the albums are on the move :LB

I received that email too. I don't know exactly what it means but they are available

Sorry gang - Another hiccup. Remember it's Fish :ROFLMAO:
As reported by @Lensflair above, Uncle Fish indicated there was a customs/shipping delay with the supply.

Today's automatic email happened because no one thought to go into the ordering system and adjust the anticipated availability dates. Kinda like how no one tested the new ordering system and found it was set up poorly and you couldn't order multiple items.

I love this guy anyway.

Here you have it right from the Fish's lips:

"Today there has been an automatic mail out from the website saying your orders are being processed which was triggered by the original release date. The albums will be sent out when we have them and a new mail is being sent to everyone who has ordered so far informing of the slight delays. When your order is packaged and on it's way you will be sent another mail with a tracking number."

As I understand it:

For Orders From the UK Store -
The Standard versions of both 'Vigil' and 'Internal' will at his Studio/house this Wednesday (July 24) and will start to be posted then.
The Deluxe versions of both 'Vigil' and 'Internal' will at his Studio/house next Wednesday (July 31) and will start to be posted then.

For Orders From the EU Store -
The Standard versions of both 'Vigil' and 'Internal' have been received (not sure when they send them out though).
The Deluxe versions of both 'Vigil' and 'Internal' are scheduled to arrive next Monday (July 29th).

I think the vinyl album sets are delayed until August 5 due to customs.

On the bright side, Fish did get his front two replacement incisor teeth implanted. Looks more like a rock star and less like a hockey player again.

Just wait for the confusing email about the confusing email. :p

For a man who has "a reputation of being a man with a gift of words. A romantic poetic type; or so they say,"
he sure finds it "hard to express the way" the preorder has gone "without getting involved with the old" shipping problem "clichés".

The end product will be worth the glitches and delays... right?
Seems like an odd question as the value of these deluxe editions is always in the eye of the beholder. Does someone find it too expensive?, the mix is off, Why is it on DVD?, why didn't they include this?, why did they include that?, and so on...

This I know: Fish pours his entire being into any project he chooses to tackle. These deluxe editions will at least be on par with anything in the Jethro Tull Reissue Series and probably better than the Marillion Major Label Deluxe Series.

The new stereo mixes sound fantastic! In an effort to drum up press and internet radio play, he has posted WAV downloads of most of the singles from the two albums. https://fishmusic.scot/vigil-internal-the-radio-edits/

Give a listen to his version of "Something in Air". I have always loved his remake of this Thunderclap Newman hit. This one has a bit more of an '80's extended dance mix vibe (and isn't really representative of anything else on the album) but the bagpipe synth sound is awesome. It was incredibly disappointing that Tom Petty's version got more love less than a year later in 1993. ;) If Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield mix it right, this is gonna be an epic Atmos song.

Speaking of Mackintosh and Bradfield, I guess for most of us their work will be the ultimate decider if these deluxe editions are worth it or not.

If their Atmos mix of Fish's "13th Star" is any indication, both these albums should be spectacular. If I have any reservations - they would sit with their somewhat lackluster 5.1 mix on that album and their mix of Marillion's "Clutching at Straws" & " Script for a Jester's Tear". Although I might put the blame for the last two directly on Marillion themselves for not giving the duo free reign on a surround mix. It has to be noted though that their stereo remix of "Script" is an incredible improvement over the original if only for the bass guitar alone.

Back to the big guy and his cunning plans that always go astray....
It has been stated before in these forums that Fish has been pretty much managing and financing things himself solo since 1994.
He has pulled in helped when needed here and there but I am pretty confident that all the decisions and most of the admin work (like sourcing the disc pressing plants) has been handled by himself. On one of his recent podcasts, he was telling the story of how he called randomly into Blu-ray Disc Association Licensing Office trying to figure out if he needed to re-up his license before it expired on these new releases. The story turns into a classic crazy Fish story (no pun intended) as the conversation between the agent on the phone in Los Angeles and the singer in Scotland turns from licensing to crofting.

The true believers know, nothing goes as planned in Fish's world but he wears them like a badge of honor - warts and all. I think that is one of the things that makes him special and I got the feeling that these releases are going to be special too. And probably sad in a way - if this really is the end of the stream for fish the musician.

Last edited:
Back